Head; Government Banking
Responsible to lead initiatives to increase market share of Government Ministries, Institutions, Agencies, Local Government and Non- Government Institutions by ensuring growth of deposits of the Bank, local government accounts, government project accounts and income fee through cross selling of other products of the Bank, in line with the business strategy.
- Review and develop annual business plan for Institutional Clients Unit (Government and Non-Government Institutions) and contribute to the overall business strategy for Corporate Banking Department in line with the Banks’ business strategy.
- Maintain close relationship with Government and non-Government institutions to ensure we obtain first-hand information for growth and retention of business.
- Identify and negotiate business opportunities with Institutional Clients and develop overall strategies for business development in order to increase the deposit portfolio and Transactional income in line with annual business targets.
- Monitor and review deposit Targets and recommend appropriate interventions to the Head of Government and Institutional Banking to ensure a proper mix of deposits in line with approved performance indicators and targets.
- Ensure Bank’s visibility to all big events attended by top Government officials.
- Prepare key business periodical reports to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff and propose for training and development to ensure they align performance with business goals and objectives.
- Prepare Unit Budget as an input to the Department Budget and continuously manage unit expenditures in line with Bank’s strategic focus.
- Support branches in deposit mobilization activities and cross selling of products to ensure growth of deposits and income in line with business strategy.
- Contribute towards the review and enhancement of the investment policy of the Bank to ensure that they align with current business environment and statutory requirements.
- Liaise with all stakeholders i.e, clients, government institutions, the Central Bank and other financial institutions to safe guard the interests of the Bank.
- Preparing and agreeing on an annual budget based on client portfolio.
- Preparing and agreeing on a monthly action plan.
- Maintain database of customers under own supervision.
- Analyse performance reports (monthly work plan, activity report etc).
- Increase Government business as per agreed yearly percentage achievement.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Banking, Commerce or its equivalent, MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years intensive experience in Government Business, practices and regulations for business banking with at least 2 years’ experience in local environment.
- In-depth knowledge of products and services to Institutional Clients.
- Well-informed of the market competitive price in short and long term investments.
- Financial management skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills.
- Project Analysis skills.