in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation – Tanzania, 2021
Duty station: Manyara, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization
dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest
infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of
expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative
and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and
international context. We are an organization of passionate TB
professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses
and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic
of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support
Coalition to End TB) project, a Unitaid-funded 3.5-year project that
will implement DAT interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the
Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable
innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all
types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum
towards the use of these technologies. For more information, kindly
Purpose of the position and organizational position
aims to generate a robust evidence base for the above described new
tools and interventions as they are implemented, assisting the
stakeholders in the country to apply these and facilitate the sharing of
knowledge and experience. As a Research Assistant, your work will be
diverse. You may collect facility data into electronic database,
administer surveys and questionnaires to patients- and health provider,
perform basic data analysis, monitor study activities and study related
data centrally and at participating health facilities, and carry out
other operational research activities, as part of the ASCENT project to
enhance evidence-based decision-making.
The Research Assistant
reports administratively to the ASCENT Project Manager and functionally
to the Research Coordinator, in Dar es Salaam. The Research Officer
coordinates the work of the two Research Assistants . The Research
Assistant also works closely with the ASCENT M&E Officer.
As a Research Assistant, you will
data collection and project site coordination from July 2021 to
December 2022, with a possibility of extension in projects sites (health
facilities) in Arusha & Manyara;
- Gather and enter data
through patient and healthcare worker surveys and interviews regarding
the use of various digital adherence technology (DAT) solutions;
intervention and control facilities within the four regions to collect
data from facility TB registers and patient treatment cards into the
research database using RedCap;
- Ensure timely, complete, valid, and accurate reporting from all data collection activities using approved reporting formats;
- Coordinate and participate in joint supportive-supervision visits to the study facilities;
support to facility health care workers in using the ASCENT platform,
this will include enrolling and following up patients and implementing
- Ensure study activities are uniformly and correctly applied in intervention facilities as per the approved study protocol;
- Coordinate with stakeholders involved in the research (e.g., regional and district officers, CSO/CBOs, etc.);
- Assist in the analysis of data and writing of research outputs;
- Attend regular team meetings and provide update on the research activities in the respective regions;
- Prepare biweekly progress reports in line with the approved formats.
Who are we looking for?
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification;
a graduate of health science courses (e.g., Nursing, Public Health,
etc.) or any research-oriented degrees (e.g., Statistics, etc.);
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply, as long as minimum qualifications are satisfied.
Knowledge and Experience (minimal qualifications):
- Moderate to strong health or implementation research background;
- Demonstrated experience with field data collection (through surveys or key informant interviews) and/or coordination;
- Moderate proficiency in electronic data entry using electronic platforms (e.g., RedCap, ODK, etc.);
to moderate proficiency in using at least one of the following research
related software: R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, EpiInfo or MS Excel for
quantitative analyses and NVIVO for qualitative analyses;
to do regular field visits and coordination for project sites in Arusha
& Manyara (depending on prevailing COVID19 conditions and KNCV HQ
policies) – the research assistant will be physically based in Manyara
Knowledge and Experience (desired qualifications):
- Master’s degree (or some units) in a related field;
- Familiarity with pulmonary Tuberculosis and the related DOTS implementation by the National TB Program (NTP);
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical and/or research documents;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
to work as part of a team and independently, both face-to-face and
online through the use of mobile/online communication and project
- Familiarity with using online
communication/collaboration platforms such as the following: MS
Teams/Slack, Zoom/Google Meets, Asana/Trello, Miro, or Google Suite;
- Ability to cope with an agile work environment and to organize and prioritize activities;
- Prior training in good clinical practice/health research ethics.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 12 months contract depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- Remuneration that is dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Application and information
can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a
motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 2nd April 2021.
For more information please contact +255 768 076 810. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.
note that we only consider the applications that are received through
the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are
not taken into consideration.