in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation – Tanzania, 2021
Regional Technical Officer
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization
dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest
infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of
expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative
and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and
international context. We are an organization of passionate TB
professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses
and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic
of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support
Coalition to End TB) project, a Unitaid-funded 3.5-year project that
will implement DAT interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the
Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable
innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all
types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum
towards the use of these technologies. For more information, kindly
Purpose of the position and organizational position
Regional Technical Officer, you will support the implementation of the
ASCENT project activities in the two regions Arusha & Manyara . You
will provide first line technical support to the health facility
in-charges and the first point of contact for regional health
management team. You support the project with the planning and
facilitating of all trainings and workshops. Regional Technical Officer
will be reporting to Project Manager.
As a Regional Technical Officer you will
- Support activities around the technical configuration and implementation of digital adherence technology in the region;
engagement with regional health system officials regarding service
delivery, supply chain, ICT departments in the region;
- Act as point of contact for districts, health facilities and fieldworkers, coordinating project support as needed in the region;
first line technical support to health facility in-charges and
fieldworkers (basic troubleshooting, escalation to Technical Coordinator
as needed) in the region;
- Plan and facilitate trainings and workshops in the region (including logistics);
monthly district/facility visits to monitor and support technology
implementation (includes travel to other project sites);
- Prepare reports on data collected via the adherence technology platform for the region;
- Any other duties as assigned by the program manager.
Who are we looking for?
- At least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification;
- Preferably a graduate of Public Health, Project Management , IT System.
Knowledge and Experience (minimal qualifications):
- Experience in implementing and/or use of digital technology solutions;
- Knowledge on TB;
- (Preferably) Experience working on health-related projects;
- Affinity with digital technologies;
- Experience providing technology support and/or background in IT;
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audience;
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders at local community, district, and regional levels.
Knowledge and Experience (desired qualifications):
- Master’s degree (or some units) in a related field;
- Familiarity with pulmonary Tuberculosis and the related DOTS implementation by the National TB Program (NTP);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
to work as part of a team and independently, both face-to-face and
online through the use of mobile/online communication and project
- Familiarity with using online
communication/collaboration platforms such as the following: MS
Teams/Slack, Zoom/Google Meets, Asana/Trello, Miro, or Google Suite;
- Ability to cope with an agile work environment and to organize and prioritize activities;
- Service-minded towards partners and stakeholders and with a flexible attitude;
- Prior training in good clinical practice.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 12 months contract depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- Remuneration that is dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Application and information
can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a
motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 2nd April 2021.
For more information please contact +255 768 076 810. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.
note that we only consider the applications that are received through
the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are
not taken into consideration.