|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian
Refugee Council (NRC) 2021
Education Project Manager Tanzania Kibondo
Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Identification 1116
Job Category Education
Job Schedule Full time
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,319 POSTS)
started operations in Tanzania to support people living in Mtendeli and
Nduta refugee camps close to the Burundian border. In May 2017, we
expanded our operations to Nyarugusu. Since January 2020, we implement
WASH, ICLA, Education, Shelter and infrastructure programmes across our
camps. Education is offered in Mtendeli and Nyarugusu. Our intervention
- Accelerated Education Programmes (AEP);
- Vocational training including basic education, life skills and entrepreneurship skills to youth;
- Quality training for teachers;
classes for children who are out of school, as well as teenagers and
youth with a focus on females, especially young mothers;
- The establishment of safe learning spaces for children and youth;
- Nurseries for young mothers to make it easier for them to study;
- Advocacy for safe temporary learning spaces to encourage girls and youth to study;
- The promotion and support for girls’ education in Nyarugusu refugee camp.
About the role
purpose of the Project Manager is to be responsible to develop and
implement the Education programme/project in Tanzania. The following is a
brief description of the role.
- Develop the Education Minimum standards – technical SOPs/guidelines;
to the development of Integrated and Education strategies, initiate and
participate in the development of relevant Education projects;
and manage education project implementation (activities, budget and
project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor
- Develop and manage Education project budgets;
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects;
that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore
and assess new and better ways to provide assistance;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and
stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy;
- Coordinate and lead on the different Education consortium and partnerships (Norcap, Babawatoto, Right to Play);
and maintain strong coordination at the national and area level with
key education actors (Save the Children, IRC, Plan International Unicef,
UNHCR) to develop joint programming;
- Lead on the AEP curriculum revision;
- Develop a Youth Strategy for NRC Tanzania
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
As our prospective candidate, you have the following;
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian context;
- Experience from working in the refugee context;
- Technical Education expertise – strategy, development, coordination;
- Management experience;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of the context in Tanzania;
- Experience with curriculum revision.
As part of our team, you will enjoy the following;
- A challenging opportunity with an international team dedicated to people forced to flee;
- Duty Station will be Kibondo with travel up to 50% to the field;
- A 1-year contract with a possibility of extension;
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Expected start date: As soon as possible.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
preferred location for this position is Tanzania. Candidates,
therefore, need to be either Tanzania citizens or have the right to work
All NRC employees are expected to work in
accordance with the organisation’s values; To be dedicated, innovative,
inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide
our actions and relationships.
We are happy about early applicants.
Us The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian
organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31
countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of
people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating
their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve
international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and
recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring
Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for
people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC
may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or
Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security
risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to
reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
Posting Date 03/16/2021, 10:53 AM
Apply Before 04/01/2021, 2:59 AM