|Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) 2021
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita
Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an
international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with
operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is
situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania,
only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the
nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in
Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a
supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to
fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of
AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South
Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western
Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of
the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in
Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a
supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from
ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in
vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Specialist 3 – Underground Infrastructure Engineering
Position: Specialist 3 – Underground Infrastructure Engineering
Contract Type & Duration Unspecified Time Contract
Job Number: GGM-2021 -XME -05
Number of Positions: 01.
The incumbent will report into the Senior Engineering Manager, with a
dotted line of reporting to UG Mining manager and Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
– 10-15 plus years post-graduation on underground engineering infrastructure
5-10 plus years of mechanical design and the implementation and
execution of engineering infrastructure projects relating to
– Managed and directed project construction activities.
– Computer skills — spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), word processing (MS Project) and database (MS Access)
The following skills and experience will be highly considered for applicants for the position:
– Hazardous area design training and design experience.
• Functional safety training and certification
– AutoCAD drafting capability will be advantageous.
• Flow modelling software experience such as Pumpsim and Ventsim
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Purpose of the Role:
Underground Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for overseeing and
coordinating all engineering infrastructure, activities and plans
relating to engineering services required for underground mining
operations at Geita Gold mine. The role provides direct output in the
design and project management of all infrastructure to support Life of
Mine production plans. This includes managing, overseeing and monitoring
all dewatering, compressed air and ventilation systems and
infrastructure. This role is accountable to new build activities,
infrastructure construction works, managing EPCM contractor and
subcontractors to ensure works are undertaken in-line with health,
safety and environmental obligations, design specifications, quality,
project budget and schedule. The position is a key senior leadership
team role, and requires extensive multi-disciplined infrastructure and
construction experience, outstanding coordination, communication,
management and stakeholder engagement skills.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Adhere and promote HSE regulations at GGM with zero tolerance to breaches
Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGA’s vision and values. Lead by
example at all times to create a safe working environment, where risks
are assessed and managed to ensure tasks are performed without the risk
of injury or harm to themselves, others and the environment.
• Continuously seek learning opportunities to improve safety performance.
• Ensure operational, project and construction workforce targets are achieved
– Ensure compliance to AGA/GGM and industry standards
• Ensure compliance to Quality, HSE and Human Resources (HR) management systems, policies, procedures and processes.
Develop an asset management (engineering) plan for all major
underground infrastructure including rollout and integration of the
Asset Management Framework, in a collaborative approach with the
– Conduct internal audits and over-inspections to ensure adherence and compliance to asset management plans/strategy
• Setup and manage the infrastructure engineering document repository for drawings and manuals
Review and/or Set the Service strategy for all underground
infrastructure equipment leading to the implementing a maintenance
philosophy and scheduled maintenance programs that are aligned with
operations to achieve set targets/plans. and substantially increase
availability and reliability
– Effective planning and use of engineering capital for maintain asset integrity and other improvements.
Rut in place the necessary plans and monitoring process to anticipate issues rather than being overtaken by them.
• Effective use of resources including money and equipment. Monitoring the stock levels of critical spares and supplies.
– Manage, oversee and monitor all service infrastructure to support day-to-day underground mining activities.
– Ensure compliance with all engineering standards in underground operations on the mine
• Monitor (assess, record, feedback) equipment performance to ensure continuous improvement.
– Prepare engineering designs, modifications, instal¬lations and projects in underground operations on the mine.
Support the Mining team in Life of Mine planning by providing early
input into the design and constructability process for all now build
– Develop conceptual designs, cost estimates and
project schedules for all new infrastructure and upgrades to support
Life of Mine strategic plans
– Proactively manage and lead
underground infrastructure projects and engineering construction
functions, with a strong safety, cost, schedule, and quality focus
ensuring safe constructability remains a priority. This includes but not
limited to 1 lAZID’s and HAZOP’s, cost and schedule development and
– Manage, oversee and monitor all service infrastructure to support day-to-day underground mining activities
– Co-ordinate all engineering maintenance activities to ensure reliability of equipment
• Advise and guide the management team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering infrastructure outcomes.
– Strong understanding of Quality, and HSE management systems.
– Drive and champion the safety-first value and apply the principle into both design and field activities.
Key interface role, ensuring the effective management and performance
of the engineering services and all other underground infrastructure
– Ensure project management activities meet the approved design specification.
• Actively manage priorities in a dynamic environment, with emphasis on safely, mooting defined budgets and timeframes.
Plans, Procedures, Standards and Documentation
Develop and maintain the Life of Mine underground infrastructure plans,
specifically infrastructure new builds and other infrastructure project
construction activities, as a key sub-plan to overall underground
• Provide input and support into establishing and
maintaining the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget,
schedule, and construction work packs.
• Oversee the project Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process.
• Provide input into HSE plan.
• Provide input into crane lift studies.
• Review and input into project contractor procurement process.
– Develop skills matrices for all engineering infrastructure work types
• Identify training and development shortcomings and training needs
• Develop artisan refresher programs
Meetings, Reviews and Communication
Co-ordinate and chair regular project management meetings and maintain
meeting records and agreed actions. Follow through to ensure actions are
completed for all underground engineering infrastructure projects.
Provide regular operational and project updates to the management team
in relation to progress and construction issues that may impact on
compliance or cause delays.
• Provide operational readiness interface in line with AGA project requirements.
• Participate in formal HSE, risk management, change management, cost and schedule reviews.
Monitor progress of construction works, advise status in a timely
manner to the management team of any potential cost, schedule or quality
• Monitor (assess, record and feedback) operational
performance of engineering services and contractor performance in the
delivery of project outcomes
• Identify and address construction risks early by communicating to appropriate stakeholders.
• Coordinate the project change management process, including Site Instructions, Variations and or claims.
• Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns
– Inspect works to ensure construction activities are in accordance
with engineering designs, contract specifications and authority requirements.
Oversee/witness inspections and testing regimes to ensure quality
and/or performance is in-line with the engineering specifications
Audit, Governance and Compliance
1. Participate in internal and external audits as required.
– Engineering Manager, Underground Mining Manager, Technical Services Manager, Infrastructure Services Manager
– GGM Project Services Team to record, analyze and report on progress and productivity, change management, cost and schedule.
– AGA Africa Technical Team to support potential operational/design issues that may occur on-site
– EPCM and Third -Party Contractors.
Technical Competencies Required
in specifications and standards to ensure that operations and project
meets requirements in terms of safety, design, quality and
– Experienced in the practical application of
construction principles, equipment and technology. This includes
applying construction principles, techniques, procedures, equipment and
resources to the execution and closing of projects.
– Using relevant
information and individual judgment to determine whether construction
events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and company
Knowledge of mechanical designs and its application in underground mining services
Demonstrate behaviors consistent with AngloGold Ashanti Values.
– Ability to build relationships with key personnel and identifying and developing business opportunities.
– Team based focus with a proactive approach to meeting LoM infrastructure requirements.
Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks and working under pressure to achieve set deadlines.
1. Ensure the quality of deliverables align with the needs of the project, the company and the client.
Mode of Application:
cover letter (Subject should be Specialist 3 – Underground
Infrastructure Engineering and/or quote the job number), detailed CV,
copies of relevant
certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of
three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior
Officer Human Resources. All internal applications must be endorsed by
the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 23rd March, 2021 — 17hr30.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN!
GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you
be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity,
please report this immediately to our Security Department,
Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply)
or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075
(SMS rates apply) or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.