Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Dalbit Petroleum (T) Ltd 2021
Local Consultant For Developing and supporting implementation of targeted NTD Advocacy Strategy
U.S. Agency for International Development Act to End Neglected Tropical
Diseases (NTDs) | East Program supports national NTD programs in
reaching World Health Organization goals for NTD control and elimination
through proven, cost-effective public health interventions. The Act to
End NTDs | East (Act | East) Program also provides critical support to
countries on their journey to self-reliance, helping them create
sustainable programming for NTD control within robust and resilient
health systems. The Act | East Program is being implemented by a
consortium of partners, led by RTI International and including The
Carter Center; Fred Hollows Foundation; IMA World Health; Light for the
World; Results for Development (R4D); Save the Children; Sight savers;
and Women Influencing Health, Education, and Rule of Law (WI-HER).
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Tanzania, the Neglected Tropical Diseases Control Program (NTDCP) leads
implementation of Act | East Program activities with support from IMA
World Health (IMA). IMA is a member of Corus International, a family of
faith-based organizations working together to deliver holistic, lasting
solutions for the interconnected challenges of poverty, health care
access, and climate change.
Act | East works with the NTDCP to
adopt existing advocacy tools and approaches for identifying NTD
advocacy requests, targets, and benchmarks for success. The overarching
goals will be to increase domestic resources for NTDs and integrate NTD
functions into the health system at the National, Regional and district
levels and Act | East will facilitate two planning workshops and one
pause and reflect session. The first workshop will orient the
facilitators to the advocacy approach and determine the workshop
structure (participants from TZNTDCP, IMA, RTI, and a local consultant
will attend).The second workshop will be held with selected participants
sitting on the Advocacy committee from the key ministries including
Ministry of Finance (MOF), President’s Office, Regional Administration
and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Education and the Ministry of
Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC).
This meeting will support developing an advocacy strategy by creating
objectives, developing the work plan, and reviewing the implementation
budget. A Pause and Reflect meeting will follow implementation of the
work plan and will be held with the same individuals who participated in
the second planning meeting. In addition, two high-level and one
regional/district meetings are planned for Advocacy strategy
The consultant will
provide technical support to the NTDCP to advance advocacy activities
around NTDs in Tanzania through development of Advocacy strategy,
advocacy committee, development of advocacy materials, and the
facilitation of advocacy workshops and meetings
III. Tasks to be performed
technical assistance to the NTDCP to develop an advocacy strategy,
advocacy structure, either as a standing item on an existing committee
or as a standalone group/committee based on the needs of NTDCP,
depending on further discussions with NTDCP. This assistance could
include, but is not limited to:
- Develop a draft Scope of Work for the advocacy committee.
technical assistance to the MOHCDGEC in the identification of
group/committee members, contacting them and inviting them to join the
- Review context around current advocacy efforts,
including identifying target audience (decision makers and their
incentives/needs) and appraise the current NTD advocacy situation,
understand challenges and gaps in current NTD interventions, supporting
review and editing of the Scope of Work for the advocacy committee.
clear objectives, activities, and tracking mechanisms, for the advocacy
group/Committee. These would be updated annually.
influential and experienced stakeholders for the group/committee to
engage with, as well as identifying partnership opportunities with other
relevant sectors e.g. education.
Strengthen the capacity of the group/committee to implement the advocacy strategy, including, but not limited to:
- Create SMART objectives for the advocacy strategy.
- Create clear “asks” about the key messages of the advocacy strategy.
- Analyze, package, and disseminate NTD data, as well as case studies and stories, to support those asks.
- Hold meetings with National, Regional and Council levels to advocate for the specified asks related to advocacy messages.
- Influence national policies and priorities.
- Draft policy and advocacy briefs related to NTD interventions.
Develop an agenda and facilitation materials for:
- Advocacy facilitators’ meeting (1st planning meeting).
workshop to develop a draft advocacy strategy with a wider group of
stakeholders while adopting the approach (2nd planning workshop).
- Pause and reflect meeting with the advocacy group/team.
- Facilitation of Advocacy strategy implementation meetings at National, regional and district levels.
Facilitate, with RTI support, both workshops identified with wider stakeholder’s secretariat support.
IV. Expected deliverables
1. Inception report with the Scope of Work for the advocacy strategy, which will include objectives and activities
2. Advocacy workshop reports:
- Facilitators planning workshop
- Advocacy strategy development workshop
- Advocacy materials development workshop
- Pause and reflect meeting
- 2 high level and
- Regional/district advocacy meeting)
3. Final Advocacy Strategy, which will include contextual analysis of current NTD advocacy efforts in Tanzania
4. Final policy and advocacy briefs/materials related to NTD interventions.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,319 POSTS)
- Masters’ degree in public health or a similar field.
minimum of 5 years of health sector advocacy experience, preferably
working at both national, regional and local government levels.
Experience with NTDs or other infectious diseases preferable.
- Experience designing, leading, and facilitating training workshops.
- Training or experience in lobbying, advocacy, and strategic development will be an added advantage.
- Experience providing technical assistance to the government at national level.
- Ability to work independently and move activities forward while collaborating with a larger project team.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
VI. Implementation Arrangements
consultant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the
IMA Tanzania Country Director and will be expected to routinely engage
with the IMA Act | East country team in Tanzania, particularly the HSS
Advisor. The consultant will also routinely engage with NTDCP through
the Program Manager (PM). The consultant will be based in Dar es Salaam
and may require regional traveling accordance with IMA World Health
travel and safety precautions.
The duration of the consultancy will be 30 days, to be implemented not in a consecutive manner from Feb 2021 – Sept 2021.
VIII. Terms for each activity:
1. The payment terms for the activities are itemized below.
Developing Scope of Work for the advocacy committee, which will include
objectives and activities and write inception report – 3 days
3. Facilitation and writing Advocacy workshop reports – 10 days
- Facilitators planning workshop
- Advocacy committee strategy development workshop
- Pause and reflect meeting
- 2 high level and
- Regional/district advocacy meeting
4. Final Advocacy Strategy, which will include contextual analysis of current NTD advocacy efforts in Tanzania – 5 days
5. Final policy and advocacy briefs/materials related to NTD interventions – 12 days
Total consultancy days = 30 days.
Kindly note that each day is valued at 580,000 TZS. Therefore, the total payment is as seen below.
Total amount for developing NTD targeted Advocacy strategy – 17,400,000TZS/ (income tax inclusive as per country laws)
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
payment will be made in two installments: 25% at the start of the
assignment after submission of an inception report and the remaining 75%
at the end of the assignment and upon submission of the NTD Advocacy
strategy to NTDCP and final policy and advocacy briefs.
How to apply;
To apply please send your cover letter and CV indicating the preferred working station to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 31st March 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to
ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
MORE LATEST TANZANIAN JOBS 2021. CLICK HERE!