|TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS)|
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS)
is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and
Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the
day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trank and Regional
Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management of
maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle
load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental
measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and
plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager’s office TANROADS -Kagera, on behalf of the Chief
Executive TANROADS, intends to recruit suitably qualified and competent
Tanzanian to fill the following vacancies on specific duties within the
regional on renewable contract terms.
Regional Manager TANROADS – KAGERA invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions below…
JOB TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE SHIFT INCHARGE – (4 POSTS)
A. Key qualifications
1. Holder of First Degree in any profession (Higher qualification will be advantageous),
2. Must be Computer literate (Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution);
3. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English languages;
4. Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
5. Women are highly encouraged to apply;
6. Between 35 and 45 years of age.
B. Duties and Responsibilities.
The shift In-charge who reports to the Regional Manager will be responsible for:
1. Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
2. Enforces East African Community Vehicle Load Control, Act 2016 and its Regulations,2017;
3. Supervising shift activities that among others including:
• Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads;
• Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being
carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters
incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
• Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
• Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional manager;
• Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager;
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
MODE OF APPLICATION:
the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their
applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and
certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates,
together with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses,
telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses. The application should reach
to the addressee mentioned below not later than 27.03.2021 at 16:30pm Hrs.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to: