|Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo)|
College of Tumaini University Makumira since 1s’April, 2003. TUDARCo is
owned by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) Eastern and
Coastal Diocese (ECD).The College was awarded, by the Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU), a Certificate of Full Registration on
29th March, 2007,it was granted its Charter in 2010 and attained
Certificate of Accreditation in August 2019.
population of about 3,000 students for the time being. It has programmes
that are ranging from Certificate, Diploma and degree levels in four
Faculties namely Faculty of Law, Faculty of Business Administration,
Faculty of Education and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. TUDARCo
has ambitious plans to grow and expand its services while aiming at
providing high quality products. To date, TUDARCo boasts of producing
high quality graduates who have gone to become very successful in the
Public and Private Sector. TUDARCo now wishes to recruit an experienced
visionary and transformer person in a Senior Position as DEPUTY PROVOST
FOR ADMINISTRATION who will help to spearhead the required changes as
the College transforms itself to much greater heights.
- be responsible to the Provost in respect of all administrative matters pertaining to the College;
- be the main advisor of the Provost in relation to securing adequate
human resources for manning the College and carrying out its objects and
functions effectively and efficiently;
- have such other powers and functions and enjoy such rights and
privileges as are conferred on him/her by the Charter or any written
law, or as may be conferred or delegated upon him/her by the Governing
Board or the Provost or as may be prescribed.
- be responsible to the Chief Advisor of and assistant to the Provost in
respect of all administrative matters, including administration of
funds, buildings and grounds, assets, planning and management of the
- coordinate the preparation and keeping of College Students records.
- S/he will be directly responsible to the Provost for all administrative matters of the College.
visionary and outstanding academic and administrative experience and
capability who has attained the status of Professor/Associate Professor
or its equivalent in either teaching or research, preferably a
Tanzanian. Experience in Management at the level of a Dean of Faculty,
Director of Finance and Planning, Director of Institute/Directorate or
above is an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
Terms of Service
The appointment of the Deputy Provost for Administration will be made by
the College Governing Board after consultation with the Provost and the
Vice Chancellor of Tumaini University Makumira.
The Deputy Provost for Administration shall hold office for a period of
three years renewable once. Where appropriate and desirable, s/he can be
deployed in teaching after the end of tenure as Deputy Provost for
Remuneration shall be guided by the Schemes of Service of Tumaini
University Dar es Salaam College depending on the level of experience of
a successful candidate.
G: Mode of Application
The applicants shall submit duly signed letters of application with full
details of qualifications, experience and reasons for wanting to work
with the College that should include the following:
- Certified photocopies of academic performance;
- Typed comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- Full contact addresses of work and residence including postal address, telephone and fax number (if available) and e-mails; and
- Name and full contact addresses of three referees who know the applicant’s academic and/or work experience.
All applications should reach the Search Committee by Wednesday 24 31st March,
2021 at 16:30 hours. Applications should be addressed to:
Chairman of the Search Committee,
Tumaini University Dares Salaam College,
Plot No. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area (Along Coca Cola Road), PO. Box 77588,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania