FWe are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of
Technical Director/Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID
Next Generation OVC Activity in Tanzania. The Technical Director will
provide technical leadership and oversight for the anticipated project.
The Technical Director is responsible for the implementation of
evidence-based, high quality, multi-sectoral interventions to improve
the health and well-being of children and adolescents who are living
with, affected by, and vulnerable to HIV. The Technical Director will
manage the design and implementation of key components of the program
and ensure adherence to global standards of excellence in health and
social service delivery programming…
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below….
position will be based in Dar es Salaam and will report to the Project
Director/Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award
of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to
technical leadership in the development and implementation of
strategies and interventions that are aimed at strengthening the
delivery of quality, evidenced based interventions to mitigate the
impact of HIV on children, adolescents, and their families, and prevent
new infections among adolescent girls and young women.
- Ensure that interventions are evidence-based and aligned with Tanzania’s National guidelines and policies.
- Leads efforts to identify and incorporate best practices and innovations into programming for OVC and AGYW.
the development and oversees the implementation of technical quality
assurance strategies and activities, including technical guidelines,
standard operating procedures (SOPs) and supportive supervision efforts.
a team of technical project staff and ensure clear roles and
responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the
- Oversee technical outputs of all partner
organizations through regular field visits and facilitate work planning
and regular technical meetings for all project partners.
technical assistance and training needs among project staff, partners,
government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate technical
assistance provision, as needed.
- Take a leadership role in the
development and timely submission of work plans, quarterly and annual
reports, and other project reports and deliverables.
- Ensure project strategic objectives and results are achieved and meet expected technical quality standards.
- Ensures that best practices and innovations are documented and disseminated.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Social Work, or related field.
least 8-10 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing
PEPFAR/USAID-funded OVC care and support projects and DREAMS programs
for AGYW. Experience in OVC and DREAMS programming in Tanzania is highly
- Expertise in Case Management, pediatric HIV care,
VAC/GBV prevention and response, HIV prevention among AGYW, Economic
Strengthening, and Gender.
- Broad knowledge of Tanzanian policies
and strategic frameworks for OVC care and support programming and HIV
prevention programming for adolescents
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including
government representatives, local community organizations, donors, and
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
How to Apply:
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither
prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry
out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to
represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to
review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any
person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin,
age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package,
professional development and policies and programs that support a
healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive
difference for others — and yourself. Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.