U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below.
Position Title: Public Health Specialist – Treatment — CDC
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2019-042
The HIV Treatment Program Officer works under the supervision of the Care and Treatment Team Lead to provide technical assistance and oversight to Government of Tanzania ministries and departments and HIV treatment implementing partners in the implementation and strengthening of HIV treatment activities in Tanzania. The incumbent serves as the primary CDC contact for implementing partners for all issues related to CDC-supported HIV treatment program activities. The incumbent will identify and recommend new areas of HIV/AIDS treatment interventions to improve approaches and maintain mechanisms to facilitate collaboration with stakeholders in the country. Serves as the program lead or activity manager for HIV treatment components of multiple CDC-supported cooperative agreements in Tanzania. Serves as a primary contributor to the planning, development, and review of the HIV treatment components of the annual PEPFAR Country Operational Plan (COP) for Tanzania.
Detailed major duties and responsibilities are attached separately to the VA.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of working experience in clinical services which includes management and treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: The job holder must also have a detailed knowledge of the host country operational environment, including a detailed knowledge of the structure and operations of the Tanzanian government ministries and departments involved in HIV treatment services and the environment for health care delivery issues commonly encountered in the implementation of HIV care, treatment, and prevention activities at the national, regional, district and community levels in Tanzania is required.
Graduation from an accredited university with a doctoral level degree in a medical discipline is required. Additional internship of one year and residency training to qualify the incumbent for a license to practice medicine is also required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) in English (speaking, writing and reading) is required. And Level IV (fluent) in Kiswahili (speaking, writing and reading) is also required. (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Benefits and Other Info
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required is available at https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants MUST follow instructions in the notice on the website:
- Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email.