Country Head- Tanzania
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 06/11/2021
Reporting to: Group Chief Commercial Officer-Distribution
The Country Head will be overall responsible for coordinating, cascading, and executing the business strategies in the country. The incumbent will be responsible for APL-Tanzania’s Management performance and revenues.
JOB ROLES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Key Roles / Duties
Sales & Marketing
- Provides strategic direction to the sales and marketing team to ensure delivery of broad business objectives
- Gathers information on market trends and competitor activities for innovation purposes and to enhance strategic decision making.
- Ensure delivery of sales/service vision by automating, centralizing and streamlining policy and procedure.
- Collaborate with local businesses to acquire all necessary information to get the largest market share.
- Adapt the business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity.
- Build a Strong Branded Generics Business
- Build a strong competitive edge via cost leadership and high-quality operational standards.
- Build a fast-growing branded generics business that provides trusted quality at affordable premium.
Human Resource Management
- Provide strategic direction in all Human resource functions like attracting and develop talent to groom industry leaders and to develop employees who are value driven, with purposeful performance culture together with a sense of urgency.
- Fosters good relationship with the government and ensures compliance with regulatory and the country’s laws by Providing Leadership to the head of Business development and governance affairs
- Liaises with the medical and regulatory bodies in the country to coordinate the registration and amendments to already registered products in the country.
- Maintain and improve ethical compliancy within the organization
Finance and Audit
- Oversees the financial function of the business and ensures that controls are in place to enhance accountability and alignment with business strategies including managing debt recoveries.
- Determine customer credit extensions with assistance from the corporate credit department.
Planning and Development
- Provides accurate sales forecasts and manages shipments appropriately to ensure consistent stock supply.
- Oversees the shared services functions thereby ensuring smooth company operations.
- Drives on-going portfolio and therapeutic analysis that result in optimization of resource allocation and return on investment.
- Coordinates third party operations to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Pitch for innovative products & portfolio opportunities with high growth potential in Tanzania
- Acquire brands with good local equity and high growth potential.
- Attract reliable partner
- Manage every aspect of our newly expanding operation in country
- Reviewing measures to achieve performance targets.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a business development program of personal sales calls, telephone sales, direct mail, office administration and public relations within assigned geographic territory.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual country reports on progress and development.
- Work to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained
- Mentor direct reports, especially in regard to the company’ strategic objectives.
- Contribute to the overall success of our company
Any other Duties
And any other related duty assigned to you by your immediate supervisors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in any field with pharmacy knowledge from recognized university.
- Must have MBA or postgraduate in medical background from recognized university.
- Experience in managing large business units with income statement and balance sheet accountability. Experience in pharma products and services, preferred minimum of 8-10 years of experience in leading large numbers of employees and integrating across different team that may be geographically dispersed. Experience in a functional leadership role.