NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI BRAC TANZANIA 2021
is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive
development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all
forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the
opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to
change systems of inequity through social development programmes,
humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible
investments, and a university.
cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and
post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the
last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries
across Asia and Africa.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Enterprises Tanzania Limited through its project ’Playful Learning for
Young Children in Tanzania’, aims to catalyze the ECD (Early Childhood
Development) private sector in Tanzania, by developing a ‘Hub &
Spoke’ business model for the provision of low-cost, high quality and
scalable play-based ECD – improving the cognitive, physical,
socio-emotional and language development of children aged 3-5 from low
income families in Dar-Es-Salaam.
The project is sequenced across 30 ajira
months. There is 6-month set-up phase from (July – December 2020) and
operations phase (Jan 2021 – Dec 2022). Senior Program Manager is
responsible for developing an ECD Social Business based upon BRAC’s
existing Play Lab curriculum, and using a ‘Hub and Spoke’ model.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Senior Program Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Lead in running the ECD Social Business based on BRAC’s preliminary business model (with support from BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI)
- Lead on the implementation (pilot) of the agreed work plan and to achieve deliverables timely and as per donor requirements;
- Directing and coordinating activities of the ECD social business throughout the pilot phase;
the delivery of all project outputs and activities; delivering them on
time and within budget (January 2021 – Dec 2022);
all office functions including purchasing and procurement, accounts
payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources and
- Providing effective financial oversight
and budget management; delivering quality quarterly reports on progress
to BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI; and supporting BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI
with further fundraising, as needed.
- Evaluating and overseeing
the implementation of a School Management System and other technology
options as needed, to improve the management and effectiveness of the
business Managing relationships, partnerships and knowledge sharing with
staff and key stakeholders
- Supporting BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI with further fundraising, as needed.
- Facilitating a monthly Technical Advisory Committee with BRAC UK, BRAC USA and BI
Required Qualifications and Experience:
successful Program Manager will need a range of business/
entrepreneurial skills and project management skills. These include:
- Strong English competency;
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizing skills;
skills in managing and operating a successful business (social business
preferred) including demonstrated ability to take direct action where
- Strong understanding of business modeling and very comfortable with data analysis and finance;
- Ability to apply creative solutions to refine and improve the business model(s);
of the project life-cycle and a solid knowledge of the components of
best practice project management, including resource allocation and
mapping, maintaining a log frame, Gantt charts, critical path analysis,
risk, and resource conflict management, and a thorough understanding of
- An effective public speaker, able to
communicate to external ECD stakeholders and communicate a clear vision
to motivate a small team to deliver that vision;
- Excellent, clear, and high-quality report writing, with an analytical mind and attention to detail;
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint to capture, report, and communicate complex data and ideas;
- Familiarity with accounting software/programs such as QuickBooks
relationship building & networking skills to create and sustain
relevant relationships with external stakeholders and manage knowledge
- A dedication to managing details and delivering activities to a high quality on time and on budget;
- Confidence to ask for help from BRAC’s international teams and comfort with assessing mistakes and learning from them;
- Participatory and inclusive skills to work across BRAC’s internal teams;
to work in a fast and complex environment with stakeholders from
multiple cultural backgrounds and with different levels of skills and
English language ability;
- Must be able to embrace cultural
relativism and avoid subjective assessments to remain respectful and
mindful of the value all stakeholders have to offer at all times.
- Desirable skills and competencies include:
track record of securing different forms of capital investment such as
project funding, social impact investment, debt, and equity;
- An understanding of the education sector in Tanzania, and ability to understand ECD from a needs and demand perspective;
How to apply:
you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position,
please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Senior Program Manager” The application deadline is 13.04.2021.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of
exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace.