Job Title : Medical Doctor
Department: Health and Safety
Reports To: HOD Health and Safety
Date: 6th April 2021
Emergency medical services (EMS) is a large portion of the operational responsibility. Work involves stressful situations dealing with emergency situations such as heart attacks, cardiac arrests, overdoses, strokes, trouble breathing, pediatric emergencies, falls, car crashes, assaults and emotionally ill patients. This position may involve medical responses on a transport unit (ambulance) or on a remote setting/site.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, patients, families, hospital staff, outside professional agencies, co-workers and supervisory personnel, whether volunteer or paid, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as death, dismemberment, pediatric death, total devastation and loss
- May be required to hold over to cover emergencies and work overtime without advanced notice.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for prolonged periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines or uneven terrain. Must be physically fit to perform job functions adequately as dictated by occupational health.
- Be able to hear and understand at normal range levels.
- May be required to use vehicles in the performance of duties. Vehicles are to include but not limited to: cars, trucks, and ambulances
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct clinical practice as the principal component of his/her professional responsibility within the Department.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnostic determination, and clinical management necessary to ensure appropriate clinical disposition of Emergency Department patients.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Communicate with consulting providers as necessary to facilitate necessary ongoing care and treatment of patients.
- Work to create a positive work culture within department and cross-departmental teams.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires an MD, and BLS, ACLS and ITLS training.
Minimum of 3 years experience working in emergency department in well recognized facility.
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV for consideration to email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th May 2021