Graduate Mine Surveyor
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Graduate Mine Surveyor to join MRM Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering all survey requirements to underground and surface mining operations where required, ensuring production survey plans are updated and executed according to short and medium-term production planning requests to achieve the mine’s short-term targets with zero injury within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. This is a permanent role reporting to the First Line Leader – Survey.
- Ensure the works are performed in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Supervising and coaching of Survey Technicians.
- Participate-in and provide a strong contribution to the site safety and environment culture.
- Setting out surveys of all engineering, geotechnical and geological designs with minimal supervision.
- Perform Bathymetric survey of Tailing Storage Facility and other water bodies within the mine.
- Complete other duties as required by Survey First Line Leader and or other supervisor.
- Assist Survey Technicians as required in their day to day duties.
- Understands mine planning and mining production requirements.
- Perform end of month calculations and reconciliation
- Adhere to and improve procedures and practices for mine surveying.
- Ensure survey data is compiled into correct formats and grid reference systems.
- Provide as-built surveys for all excavations and infrastructure.
- Ensure data is appropriately and safely stored in data bases and filing systems.
- Responsible for continuously updating underground and open cut mining plans to meet statutory requirements.
- Manage systems for the lay out and maintenance of survey reference marks both on the surface and underground, for the control of drilling, development, services and production activities.
- Check and control Survey equipment to ensure effectiveness and optimal utilization
- Develop protocol for the auditing of survey activities undertaken by the Survey Technicians.
- Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching downwards so as to ensure survey technicians gain new skills and attain their maximum potential.
- Ensure that all survey equipment is kept in serviceable condition by carrying out regular checks, and performing user allowed adjustments.Fulfill the role of Mine Surveyor during his/her absence.
Degree in Geomatics or Land Surveying.
- At least 1 year experience as a Graduate Mine Surveyor.
- Practical experience in mining environment preferable in Underground
- Excellent safety record.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong knowledge of surveying principles.
- Familiarity with modern surveying equipment such Trimble GNSS receivers and Total Station, Leica Total Station, optical level and plummets Boretrack, and Cavity Monitoring System scanner.
- Basic knowledge of Mining Software such as Surpac, Vulcan, Datamine, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office package.
- Possession of current and valid Tanzania driving license.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th April, 2021.