Intern – Videographer & Editor
Production · Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches millions of families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 31 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, and Kinyarwanda. We are currently adapting the shows to even more languages including Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, and Twi. This is a great time to join an organisation that’s rapidly growing across the continent, and work with a creative and impact-driven team committed to reaching as many families in Africa with life-changing edutainment.
We’re looking for an organised, dynamic, creative and flexible Intern – Videographer & Editor to learn, expand and improve our visual content. You’ll work closely with our Postproduction coordinator and team.
- Filming & Editing UBONGO content both on location and studio | LIVE footage content – eg caregiver, PSAs, Intros & Outros, PROMOs etc.
- Filming and editing of client projects- both on location and in studio
- Editing and compiling of single videos and episodes according to different broadcasters video and audio specifics, and time codes
- Compression and decompression of videos and episodes to be shared online with various parties or film festivals, based on specifics given
- Script Reviewing & Screen directions before filming
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED TO:
- Be fluent written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Have a diploma or undergraduate degree in any field
- Have minimum 2 years working experience in media
- Experience in filming and editing videos – both on location and/or in studio.
- Be very comfortable using Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Take initiative and ownership of creativity and shot list of film projects, working hand in hand with team members
- Have a passion for UBONGO’s vision of using media to transform education in East Africa
- Be a persistent but empathetic pusher. We’ve got to get things DONE.
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and able to figure things out for yourself.
- Willing to speak up for what’s right, when you see wrong, or when you think there might be a better way.
- Honest, fast learner, team player, trustworthy, transparent and conscientious.
- Someone who loves kids. They’re why we do what we do. They’re running around our office all the time. Our kids’ music and videos will become part of your life (and constantly stuck in your head).
Phew! You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks, like delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, and you get to watch cartoons at work.