Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
Manage and support Vodacom distribution partners and staff within the assigned region by planning and coordinating inter and extra departmental activities in order to maximize sales revenues, grow market share, foster distributor effectiveness through routine review meetings, manage company relationship with regional stakeholders to foster excellent corporate governance.
- Design and implement the regional plan in line with sales & distribution strategy to increase the width and depth of distribution, which would translate into connections and revenues.
- Coordinate sales and distribution activities within the region including site performance management, new sites market activations, and conducting retailer meets.
- Manage Coordinate and support distributors/dealers and other partners in the region whilst optimizing Distribution partners’ returns in terms of ROI and ensure mutually healthy returns.
- Information mining to facilitate review and action plan at the Territory/town level and prepare weekly reports for management meetings.
- Drive and ensure Consistency and Standardisation of Service Delivery by implementing approved Distributor operating manual and standards.
- Develop, Manage, Train and motivate staff assigned to the territory as well Distribution Partners.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related course.
- Atleast 3 years of varied experience in Sales & Distribution.
- Extensive knowledge of telecoms business and value chain and sound understanding of distribution models and route to market.
- High level of integrity and work ethics.
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to deliver business solutions and results.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of planning & execution capabilities.
- Dynamic Prioritisation and Multi Tasking
- Business Partnering
- Requirements Analysis
- Change and Adaptability
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Complexity Management
- Expert Communication
- Drives Continuous Improvement
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.