Medical Teams International – Tanzania
Reports to (position): Direct: Operations Director Technical: HQ-Infrastructure Manager
Location(s): Dar es salaam, with frequent travel to field locations
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Travel: Frequent travel to field locations
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The IT Officer is responsible for the delivery of consistent, information systems to support MTI’s programs within Tanzania. The IT Officer works closely with the Headquarters IT team in planning, budgeting, implementation and management of IT services. This position supports the IT needs of all Tanzania offices and staff and identifies, develops, implements and supports cost-effective technology to facilitate the services provided by Medical Teams.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent user support to all staff, including identifying and mentoring field office staff in each location to assist in troubleshooting IT issues.
- Serve as project manager for all IT projects, collaborating with management and Headquarters staff to identify technology needs and ensure solutions meet program requirements.
- Responsible for the stewardship of IT materials and assets, ensuring assets are issued and returned in line with Medical Teams policies
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all user systems, including computers, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and voice services.
- Act as focal point to connectivity service providers and ensure stable connection levels are maintained in all locations.
- Supervise, plan and provide network security.
- Ensure valid software licensing for end-user systems and services and plan for renewals and new purchases, ensuring compliance with licensing requirements on all Medical Teams user systems.
- Conduct site visits and surveys to identify user needs, write technical evaluations, conduct vendor price comparisons and develop proposals for IT assets; coordinate with Headquarters IT department and Procurement Officer to budget and procure new and replacement equipment.
- Track IT budget and advise management on budget related matters.
- Support field operations staff in the identification and deployment of health information systems (HIS) ensuring appropriate access control and the security of staff and patient information.
- Assess staff training needs and implement training and mentorship in effective use of Medical Teams information systems, collaboration tools and storage repositories.
- Manage airtime and data subscriptions and disseminate to staff according to Medical Teams policies and procedures.
- Contribute to increased adoption of Medical Teams standard IT systems through promotion and training of staff in policies, procedures and systems.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent required.
- Microsoft Professional Certification or other certification preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience providing technical support in busy environment, experience in systems administration, information security and providing training to end users.
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of networking, ERP and HIS systems, desktop operating systems, server management and VoIP
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies
- Strong knowledge of information security policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques
- Skilled in troubleshooting IT issues
- Skilled in identifying IT needs and managing the IT budget.
- Expertise in WLAN developments
- Expert user of database systems (ERP, HIS)
- Skilled in developing and conducting training for staff on IT matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to explain technical processes in everyday terms.
- Ability to communicate in English and Swahili, written and spoken.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of staff and patient information.
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress, especially in resolving urgent IT issues.
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and adhere to the Medical Teams Code of Conduct
- Ability to remain professional in adverse and cross-cultural situations.
- Ability to independently plan, organize and follow through on plans and tasks.
- Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Strong knowledge of telephony, networking, desktop operating systems, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Tools and Equipment Used
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, telephone, and copy machine.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- May be required to travel to remote areas where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” IT Officer”.
Application Deadline: 4th of February 2021 at 1700HRS.