Principal Insurance Officer
TIB Rasilimali Ltd (formerly known as RASIUMAU LIMITED) is a wholly owned subsidiary of TIB Development Bank Limited. It is a Securities Brokerage and Advisory firm licensed by the Capital Markets and Securities Authority of Tanzania and a licensed member of the Dar es Salaam Stock exchange.
TIB Rasilimali Ltd is seeking to employ a qualified and skilled person to fill the vacancy of PRINCIPAL INSURANCE OFFICER.
To implement and manage insurance Agency Strategy of TIB Rasilimali limited, amongst, the candidate will facilitate operations of insurance agency services to clients and general public ana manage the relationship between the insurance organizations and the company.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Principal Insurance Officer will report to Director General. He/she will be responsible for carrying out insurance activities in respect of insurance agency policy of TIB Rasilimali Limited and establish Agency relationship with clients for developing and implementing competitive packages to meet the needs of the company and its clients. The person will undertake operational and supervisory roles relating to selling insurance products, meeting customers and handling administrative issues relating to the role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop insurance agency policies and manuals.
- Implementing insurance agency policy by providing guidance of operations in focus of growing insurance portfolio.
- Develop annual and quarterly budgets and strategies to achieve them.
- Prepare and submit appropriate insurance reports and insurance premium amounts collected for the month to the insurer at the end of every month.
- Reconcile the issued cover notes from the insurer with the insurance premium payments submitted by the company.
- File the insurance cover notes from the insurer and keep for safe custody.
- Prepare and submit appropriate annual reports and annual premiums for the outstanding loan amounts annually at the beginning of the calendar year.
- Maintain files for reference in respect of all reports, submissions and correspondences between the insurer and the company.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Management for control and monitoring; giving details of payment submitted to the insurer for the month, cover notes collected from the insurer, amount outstanding in the insurers’ payable account, total amounts of cash cover held for insurance in the customers’accounts, amount collected as commissions and any report on claims if any on the amount and status.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and follow up on claims from the insurer.
- Advice the management on matters related to insurance in regard to staff, loans and company’s assets.
- Act as an insurance agent for the broker in all areas of the insurance business on behalf of the company.
- Solicit business from customers.
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Insurance or any other related disciplines from recognized university or institution.
- Possessions of Master’s Degree will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of six (6) years of working experience with track record in terms of portfolio management, customer retention & recruitment.
- Equipped with knowledge on statutory regulations and returns.
- Customer oriented team player with strong interpersonal and people management skills.
TIB Rasilimali Limited offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing
- An application letter showing how they meet the position’s requirements.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of relevant Certificates and Awards.
- Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
- Names and full addresses of three referees.
Please address all applications to:
TIB Rasilimali Limited
Samora Tower, 7th Floor,
Samora /Bridge Street Junction,
P.O. Box 9154,
Tel:+255 222 2111711
Closing Date: 29th January, 2021