Facility Solutions LON Activity
Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under
non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in
partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender,
Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local
Government (PORALG) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal
of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians;
through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive
quality health services including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, maternal,
neonatal, child, reproductive and, adolescent health services.
has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number
72067120CA00004 USAID – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at
improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family
planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian
citizens. The Activity is implemented in Kigoma, Katavi, Rukwa and
THPS therefore is seeking a competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidate to fill the position below.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Position Title: Clinical Advisor
Reports to: Zonal Project Manager
Position Location: Songwe Region, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
Clinical Advisor is responsible for provision of technical support to
multidisciplinary teams of clinical staff focusing on TB and
reproductive health services including family planning services in the
project supported facilities of Rukwa and Songwe (zone B) regions.
Ensures quality service delivery in Family Planning, TB and multidrug
resistant TB prevention, diagnosis and treatment success is achieved in
collaboration with regional and district health management teams and
supported facility service providers. Extensive travel is expected in
all the districts of the assigned regions.
Provide direct technical assistance to health care facilities supported
by the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Facility Solutions Activity such as; sites
assessment and development, training staff in the clinical management
of individuals with TB, clinical mentoring, patient flow analysis,
improvement of adherence support systems, improvement of referral and
linkages systems for TB and reproductive health services etc.
Assist health care providers at designated points of service in TB case
finding and strengthening entry points in order to increase the number
of referrals to TB clinics from CTC, RCH, PMTCT, OPD and IPD and
• Support implementation of TB treatment adherence
strategies in health facilities and linkage to former TB patients’
groups for psychosocial support among newly diagnosed TB clients.
• Facilitate integration between TB and HIV services and infection control within health facilities.
Coordinate implementation of reproductive health services including FP
and ensures high performance on key indicators for this component of the
• Conducts comprehensive site supportive supervision visits
and provide feedback on successes and areas of improvement with relevant
management and unit specific service providers.
• Prepare technical narrative draft reports for timely submission to facilitate regional reporting timelines.
• Conducts data sharing meetings with service providers for improvement and decision making.
Ensure that all supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery
sites conform to the national guidelines and standards.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by from time to time.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,319 POSTS)
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
• Doctor of Medicine degree
A minimum of three years’ experience in working on TB programming and
implementation of Family Planning/ Reproductive health services.
• Experience in working with PEPFAR and USAID supported programs.
• Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB and Family Planning/ Reproductive health programs in Tanzania
• Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at regional and district levels.
• Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best practices.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd January, 2021
with a subject line of ‘Position’ USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Activity
Clinical Advisor’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and
people living with disability are encouraged to apply.