Customer Service Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER
Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries.
- Provide pricing and delivery information.
- Perform customer verifications.
- Set up new customer accounts.
- Process orders, forms, applications and requests.
- Organize workflow to meet customer timeframes.
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource.
- Manage customers’ accounts.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions.
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints.
- Record details of actions taken.
- Prepare and distribute customer activity reports.
- Maintain customer databases.
- Manage administration.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Follow up on customer interactions.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- And any other duties that may be assigned by your supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Diploma, PR degree or equivalent.
- Experience of not less than two years.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Ability to type.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Numeric, oral and written language applications.
- Product knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills – verbal and written.
- Listening skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Data collection and ordering.
- Customer service orientation.
- Stress tolerance.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating:
Why you think you qualify for this post
Current CV, indicating relevant experience based on previous tasks; and skills that you are bringing into the organization.
Names and contacts of three referees who have supervised you in your previous working history Telephone calls will not be entertained.