DEPARTMENT: International Partnerships & Programs
REPORTS TO: Human Resources and Logistics Officer
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Mwanza, Tanzania
LENGTH: 24-months with possibility to extend based on performance and budget
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves
lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster.
Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the
United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical
supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of
donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
will support logistics and driving project vehicles local travel needs
for CPRC project implementation teams in the project covered regions,
other regions for various project related official meetings in Tanzania.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
vehicle for official travel and business, or as requested. Act as
primary driver to pick up, drop off, and transport Americares staff
throughout project covered regions, other regions for various project
related official meetings in Tanzania
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport;
the road and traffic laws and regulations of the United Republic of
Tanzania. Apply additional caution to ensure the safety of themselves,
Americares staff, and other drivers on the road
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or kept or stored in the vehicle whilst on duty
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Always assist with loading and unloading of materials in the vehicle and keep vehicle secured at all times.
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
account of all available information on road conditions, accessible
routes and locations (including current radio news on traffic
conditions) to update daily
- Keep an accurate schedule of driving assignments and arrive on time for pick-ups and drop offs
- In case of accident or other incident occurs, follow Americares safety protocol and insurance policies and procedures
and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle
operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Assist the HR and Logistics Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration are updated according to schedule
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc;
· Valid driver’s license. Any type of class C is satisfactory and good driving record.
· Certificate of Secondary education is a must
At least 8 years of experience years of experience driving in and
throughout Tanzania, and preferably in driving USAID funded projects
· Experience driving manual, large sports utility vehicles or similar
Certificate for Advanced VIP Drivers course Grade Two and
Certificates for Motor Vehicle Mechanics grade 1-3 will be added
· Ability to adapt to last minute scheduling changes, roadblocks, and changing needs throughout the shift
· Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania .
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity.
· Coach, support and develop staff to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase team
operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
HOW TO APPLY:
order to be considered for this position, the applicant should please
submit the following items in an expression of interest to Americares:
· Curriculum vitae or resume that clearly spell out qualifications, experience, and 3 references.
· Cover letter highlighting interest in the position and relevant skills
· Academic credentials
Deadline for submission: 31th January, 2021.
Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.