HR and Administrative Manager
Uhuru Hospitals Group Is a private Group of Hospitals established back In 2014 October In Mwanza Region. Since its establishment It has continued to observe a tremendous growth it being contributed upon by the quality of services which creates an Increasing demand. As of current the Uhuru Hospitals Group Is aiming at systems strengthening and further business development which goes hand In hand with firming up of Its top Management structure. In view of this, Uhuru Hospitals Group Is hereby seeking for applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill the following position
Position: HR and Administrative Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Status/ Level: Senior Position
The Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for Uhuru Hospitals Ltd. The HR&A Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative and operational functions. The HR&A will provide strategic guidance on HR to the office. The HR&A will be responsible for planning, managing, staffing, leading and controlling employees for effective Implementation of the agreed goals.
BA in HRM/ Public Administration/ B.com – HR, preferably Masters In MPA/ MBA-HR and should be a Certified HR (PHR) or similar background from the recognized Institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee a recruitment process.
- Revlewjob advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate Interview teams, participate In Interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Oversee all labour engagement and manage the new hire orientation, Induction and exit process.
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes In local conditions or labour laws.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Monitor compensation – ensuring Internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate Job analysis and update Job descriptions.
- Coordinate with Finance Manager In the preparation and management of Payroll.
- Advise the Director of Finance and Admin on appropriate staffing levels, placements and transfers as well as assist In budget preparation.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Conducting Training Needs Assessment and evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Oversee the coordination and Implementation of annual performance reviews Including the staff satisfaction assessment.
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations Issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations Issues &work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
- Supervise all travel and hospitals arrangements for staff and visitors, Including visas and work permits as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with the national laws, rules, regulations and guidelines and update or review them accordingly
- Initiate the formulation of HR tools and documents like HR manual, training program and policy, recruitment and retention policy etc. and advice the Senior Management consequently based on the needs
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in all offices and departments.
- Oversee all hospitals operations and ensures maintained performance of all non-cllnlcal services as per set performance targets
- Lead non-cllnlcal process re-engineering activities so as to enhance Institutional performance
- Ensures fully functionality of the hospital systems and operationalisation of set Standard Operating Procedures
Required Qualification and Experience
- At least 7 years and above working experience, three of which the candidate has served in a similar position and not less than 4 years of performing similar functions.
- Well versed In HR best practices and solid understanding of employment and labour relations act, labour laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of administrative and HR procedures and business systems (such as HRMS, timekeeping, fixed asset management, etc.)
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft Excel skills and solid proficiency in other common office applications, specifically In Adobe/Word/Outlook
- Highly competitive In the main HR functions like Recruitment, training and employee retention
- Experience/ background In Medical field (Hospital Management/ Healthcare service Management) will be an added advantage
- Leadership, Communication, Presentation, Decision Making, Teamwork, Time Management, Attention to details, Report Writing, Interpersonal skills and customer service orientation, Planning, prioritizing, and organizing, Flexibility and adaptability.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of their latest CV and copies of their certificates In one document. The CV must Include the list of work- related traceable referees Including their email address and telephone number. To be considered your application MUST be received before 1700 hrs January 29th 2021. The subject line of your email should mention the Job position you are applying for as It appears In this advertisement. Failure to do that may lead to difficult retrieval of your application.
All correspondents and applications should be emailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Uhuru Hospitals Group is an equal opportunity employer
Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
Uhuru Hospitals Group regrets that Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply