|Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
Job Posting: 06/Jan/2021
Closure Date: 21/Jan/2021, 1:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FRURT
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of
Duration: 20 days
Post Number: N/A
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and
international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), leads
international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve
food and nutrition security for all. At present, FAO is supporting a
number of interventions related to Agriculture (crop, Livestock,
Fisheries, Forestry development and Food Security And Nutrition. FAO is
seeking for suitably qualified and experienced consultants to support on
assessment of Agriculture Statistics Strategic plan (ASSP I 2014-2019)
and formulation of ASSP II under the FAO Programme in Tanzania and
according to the Country Programming Framework.
National Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the FAO
Representative, and the direct supervision and guidance of the Assistant
FAO Representative – Programme and technical supervision of the FAO
agriculture statistics Officers from country Office and the FAO
Sub-regional Office for Southern Africa as well as technical
backstopping from the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) and Headquarters.
the responsibility/supervision of the National Project Coordinator
(NPC) and in close collaboration with the Senior national Consultant and
other national consultants, the consultant’s principal task will be to
support the government of Tanzania in assessing the performance of the
ASSP I for the fisheries sub-sector and contributing to the design of a
new Strategic Plan for Agricultural statistics (ASSP 2) for the
Tasks and responsibilities
the process of assessment of the fisheries sub-sector using the
methodology agreed in the roadmap, lead the main meetings and reviews as
needed, prepare the main findings and recommendations in the assessment
report at sub-sectoral level, communicate it to the Senior National
Consultant and NPC;
- Support the NPC and Senior National
Consultant in organizing a workshop for presenting the main assessment
findings, recommendations and next steps planned for the preparation of
ASSP II; and
- In close coordination with the NPC and the Senior
National Consultant, contribute to the finalization of the ASSP 1
assessment document if needed;
- Guide the process of designing of
ASSP II in the fisheries sub-sector using the methodology agreed in
the roadmap, lead the main meetings and reviews as needed, prepare the
proposal (narrative and budget for the sub-sector), communicate it to
the NPC and Senior National Consultant;
- Review and comment the first draft of overall ASSP II prepared by the Senior National Consultant
- Support the preparation of a final draft of the overall ASSP 2 action plan;
- Support the preparation of material and contribute to the agenda and discussions of the national validation workshop
- Support the finalisation of the ASSP II document in close coordination with the Senior National consultant and the NPC
- Undertake other duties as might be assigned by the FAO Representative
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Have a Masters-level university degree in statistics, Economics, Agronomy, fisheries, Agriculture or related field;
at least 5 years of professional experience in organizing national
statistics systems, and sound knowledge of agricultural statistics,
preferably in Tanzania.
- Candidates should be Tanzanian;
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Be able to draft reports clearly, concisely, and good oral and written communication skills.
- be able to work in Kiswahili and English
- Experience in publishing or writing clear and concise scientific papers, policy papers, and plans
- Excellent computer skills.
- Academic qualifications;
- Extent and relevance of work experience;
- Excellent communication skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to
FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external
providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will
be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated
in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT