SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local
non-government organization affiliated to Sos Children’s Villages
International, a worldwide child care organization that provides
orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational
opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages
International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s
Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally,
it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms,
i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family
Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities.
has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and
implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar
es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa.
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant Position below….
Job Title: Program Officer
Duty station: Kilolo (1 Post)
Reporting to: Program Manager
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans as per approved annual activity and budget plans
- Participate in preparation of annual activity and financial plans
the families and communities in the assessment of root causes leading
to adolescent challenges in communities through use of appropriate
- Support the development of an appropriate
action plans to meet the needs of each household and adolescent girls
participating in the program.
- Facilitate the identification of opportunities and mobilization of local resources appropriate for target groups.
- Take lead on preparation of individual family development plans.
- Facilitate the preparation of community development plans that promote men engagement, women participation and child protection.
the Program Manager in the consolidation of Family Development Plans
and preparation of budgets relevant to the attainment of program’s goal.
- Facilitate the planning by ensuring gender balance in decision-making and in all program processes.
- Facilitate, timely implementation of activities from the approved annual plans and budgets
- Facilitate target group to have access to essential services required to fulfill their basic needs and rights
- Ensure engagement of range of stakeholders in executing and accomplishment of plans and activities
- Facilitate stakeholder analysis within and beyond the program, maintaining and updating stakeholders’ profiles.
with community development structures, other NGOs and government
departments for effective service delivery to program participants.
functional sustainability of community based networks on adolescents’
girls, mothers and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and other relevant
- Represent the program in gender, adolescent and child related forums.
- Identifying and linking target group to a range of opportunities for adolescent girls and mothers
- Facilitate participatory monitoring and evaluation of the program interventions.
- Facilitate regular data collection through appropriate monitoring tools on program interventions.
- Ensure program data base and statistics are updated regularly.
- Facilitate the regular counting of key program participants.
and facilitate regular project reviews with Community Family
Development Planning Facilitators and other service providers.
- Carry out regular home visits to families on the program and write home visit reports.
out regular visits to CBOs if any, family support groups and other
partners in the respective community for timely and relevant program
- Develop monthly good practice and success stories from outputs and outcomes of the project
- Facilitate sharing of best practice amongst family groups.
and submit timely progress reports (weekly updates, monthly reports
and quarterly reports) to the Program Manager on program interventions.
- Prepare and submit progress reports to the Program Manager for compilation to donor reporting
- Document family, child and adolescent success stories on program interventions.
- Ensuring that relevant community development structures have documented program processes.
- Ensuring that the database and files of target group on the program are timely and regularly maintained and updated
- Facilitate the preparations of the Development Plans with respective target group.
- Ensure all services, items and other support provided to target group and stakeholders are recorded and stored
- Ensure the financial resources are spent as intended
- Submission of signed distribution list to Finance on all program items received by participants in the community.
- Adherence to internal controls as outlined in the Finance manual, and other related documents.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
in Public Health, Youth Development, Gender, Community Development,
Social Work, Sociology, social science, or related fields with
specialized knowledge in the field of sexual and reproductive health and
rights, gender, adolescent and youth development projects
least 3 years of working experience in relevant field, including sexual
and reproductive health and rights, gender and young mothers and
- Well informed and experienced on donor
funded projects with abundant skills in result based reporting and ;
good basic knowledge of donor compliance
- Languages: Fluency in Chinese and English is required.
- Other Desirable Skills: Proficiency in current office software applications such Microsoft work. Excel, PowerPoint, graphics
- Positive attitude is necessary.
- Results-oriented, self-discipline and team spirit, and happy, able and experienced to work for and with young people
- Ability to drive motor cycle to ensure execution of activities, field visit and regular follow-ups of project activities.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
apply for this position, send your application by letter or email
describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you
the right candidate for this position Enclose a detailed updated CV,
copies of academic & professional certificates, a passport size
photo, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees to reach us
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and
committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore
candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding
recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 12th January, 2021.