Title: Water Security & Stewardship Director
Company Name: Chemonics International, Inc.
Chemonics seeks a Water Security & Stewardship Director for the anticipated USAID water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to expand the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources through partnership with the government and private sector. The Water Security & Stewardship Director will be responsible for building capacity and strengthening operational efficiency of basin water boards (BWBs) and water user associations (WUAs) to increase the active stewardship of water resources in target regions of Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Under the chief of party, provides leadership, oversight, and coordination of technical activities strengthening regulatory authorities and associations’ capacity for water resource stewardship and watershed protection
- Manages program efforts to increase BWB and WUA awareness of population-based and environmental threats to water resources and the impacts of water resource degradation in Tanzania
- Liaise with the Ministry of Water, BWBs and WUAs to design and implement environmental risk mitigation plans to prevent or reverse catchment degradation and preserve groundwater resources
- Guide program staff in activities building the financial security, operational efficiency, and institutional capacity of BWBs and WUAs
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in water and natural resource management, environmental science, water and sanitation engineering, public administration, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field;A minimum of 7 years’ of experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH programs, coordination with local natural resource authorities and government associations, watershed and water resource protection, or in other related fields in an international context;
- Experience in capacity building and supporting financial autonomy of regulatory and parastatal organizations;
- Experience with Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and youth integration in project implementation preferred;
- Knowledge of the legal frameworks governing watershed and water resource management in Tanzania preferred;
- Proven record of fostering collaboration and innovation to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred; and
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and answer all questions at: https://ift.tt/358IJx0. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://ift.tt/2X3GIQK .
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.