Title: MEL Specialist
Company Name: Chemonics International, Inc.
Chemonics seeks a MEL Specialist for the anticipated USAID water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to expand the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources through partnership with the government and private sector. The MEL Specialist will be responsible for supervising and guiding project data collection, ensuring data quality and reporting compliance, and providing evidence-based information to incorporate in external project communications. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Under the chief of party, guides the development and/or review of project MEL plan and associated workplans, as reflected in the results framework;
- Supports the chief of party with leading, in conjunction with key stakeholders, project-wide work-planning, progress monitoring, and planning adaptation to ensure cohesion and synergies of the technical activities;
- Ensures quality of collected data, and protect the integrity of project data and information, and ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning system;
- Supervises and guides the project’s data collection, and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations;
- Provides evidence-based data and information to the technical team for the development of progress reports, technical papers, success stories, case studies, etc. and makes recommendations for improvement to meet project goals;
- Spearheads, guides or supervises all project database, survey and assessment methodology documents (sampling frame, guides, instructions, surveys and analysis) for quality assurance, and adherence to USAID data quality standards and industry best practices
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree (Master’s level or equivalent) in area of monitoring, evaluation, and learning or another relevant subject matter required;
- 5years of specific experience with managing and executing monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects
- Experience working in donor funded projects of similar scope and budget;
- Familiarity with USAID tools and methodologies to improve WASH outcomes;
- Experience with Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and youth integration in project implementation preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred; and
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and answer all questions at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/7708ba2aaa084f3e89fcbaa7f1cc6c0f. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/ .
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.