Regional HIV Testing Services Officer
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Afya Kwanza Project Vacancies; December 2020
POSITION: REGIONAL HIV TESTING SERVICES OFFICER
PROJECT: AFYA KWANZA
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL HIV TESTING SERVICES MANAGER
Job Summary: The HIV Testing Services (HTS) officer works with and supports the MDH RHTS Manager to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of HTS services in her/his respective region, including coordination of program priorities such as index HTS and focused PITC.
She/he is responsible for the field implementation, coordination and reporting of all HTS initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the RHTSM and in collaboration with DPMs and other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and ART linkage services, under the Afya Kwanza project, and other relevant activities
- To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including index testing, focused PITC, peer-based ART linkage, in line with national guidelines
- To provide TA to the DACC, HTS focal person and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and ART linkage services
- To support RHTS Manager to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs on HIV testing and ART linkage services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with DACCs and HTS focal persons
- To support timely collection and submission of HTS and ART linkage data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team
- To support HTS Manager in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the
- To support and advise the RHTS Manager on all HIV testing and ART linkage issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RHTS Manager
Requirements. Education, work experience and skills
- Degree or Advanced diploma in medicine, nursing or related field with relevant national registration
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added
- At least 2 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 2 years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of HIV testing, ART linkage or related clinical and public health programs and services
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
- Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 11th January, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.