Job Title: IT Support Officer
AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation, KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
AccessBank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our IT Team as an IT Support Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains current inventory records of computer hardware, software, and related components and their status
- Documentation of ajira problems, work activities, configuration data (system data), and maintaining of pc working knowledge
- Ensure and maintain internal I.T. security as it relates to restricted user access to network files and folders, password complexity of user, general IT security guidelines
- Ensure that users are only accessing the bank infrastructure through their assigned devices/network links (no wireless, mobile or other connections not authorized by ABT)
- Sets up new PCs, incorporates appropriate hardware and software into new systems, tests new hardware components and software applications
- Operating and maintaining desktop computer hardware and software of various computer systems (PC, printers, and peripheral equipment)
- Assist in network maintenance and management for local and remote servers and provide support for PBX systems, devices and applications
- Ensure continuity of banking operations
- Ensure proper monitoring of periodical IT reports within the department
- Installs, modifies and makes repairs to microcomputer hardware and software systems and provides technical assistance to end-users in the operation of hardware and software
- Monitor, respond, and resolve issues and requests received from users via email, telephone or the ticketing system in use; re-assign / escalate tasks internally if not within their scope of work.
Requirements and Baseline Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant academic field.
- Knowledge of Software Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 (incl. outlook mail client), operating systems (e.g. Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer), and other Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of PC and server hardware (system with all peripheral equipment including but not limited to laptops, notebooks, and printers) with knowledge of common Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of PC networking (TCP/IP).
- Minimum two-year experience in a directly related position.
- A strong sense of responsibility and integrity.
- A good track of solving problems and providing solutions.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Department, Head Office, Derm House, Kijitonyama opposite Makumbusho village, or sent via Mail to email@example.com
DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter to HR Department not later than 30th November 2020.