TITLE: Finance Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Refugee Response
LOCATION: Kibondo – Kigoma
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year
Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about
children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be
working in a ‘regulated’ position; therefore, a police check will be
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
direct supervision of Emergency Response Field Office Manager, the
Finance Coordinator is responsible is expected to perform financial
duties around accounting cycle and internal control environment,
including; to ensure accuracy of accounting records & system,
adherence of organizational policies & procedures and to ensure
compliance of statutory obligations in consultation with Roving Finance
and compliance specialist
S/he is expected to ensure that
financial regulations and controls are in place at all times and all the
financial transactions for Kibondo field office are administered,
recorded and reported in accordance with both Save the Children, donor
policies and procedures and General accepted accounting principles. The
post holder will ensure that all reports whether periodic, statutory or
donor related are accurate and meet the required standard.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Refugees Response Program Manager
Number of direct reports: Finance and Administrative assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Financial Compliance and Reporting
position holder will ensure that all accounting transactions for
Kibondo Field office are reviewed before recorded in Agresso to ensure
- Save the Children policies and procedures as well as Scheme of Delegation
- Respective donor’s policies and procedures [Awards team to be consulted for relevant donor polices & Procedures]
- Statutory obligations [relevant TAX and VAT laws, compliance with GAAP]
- Financial control procedures across the Humanitarian Programme.
post holder will ensure that each accounting transaction have a proper
audit trail and supporting documents. The post holder will also ensure
that the supporting documents are secured and archived in a retrievable
- Assist the budget holder on reviewing Budget versus
Actual Reviews on a monthly bases and supporting any necessary
Cash management and General Accounting
- Ensure that all bank/cash transactions are accurately entered into GLACOS and reviewed before posting.
- Ensure all payments to suppliers are made in a timely and accurate manner
weekly cash counts for each currency at week-end and month end,
reconciling cash balances to cashbook balances – ensuring all codes are
- Help the finance assistant officer to request cash
transfers from Dar es Salaam in consultation with Programme Manager to
ensure adequate but not excessive cash is held in order to carry out
- Crosscheck list of outstanding floats to
staff on a weekly basis and follow up and ensure retirement of all
floats within 14 working days.
- Advise the Emergency Response
Field Office Manager of any operational challenges or discrepancies
relating to the financial management of the programme in a timely
- Makes sure Events and workshop MPESA payments are
planned properly for cash flow purpose and during the events
documentation are collected and initiated in MPESA for timely payments.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently,
achieving and role modelling Save the Children values;
the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities –
giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit,
providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying
appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes
responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their
team to do the same;
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale;
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters;
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to;
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- willing to take disciplined risks;
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in relevant subject.
- At least 4 years accounting and administration experience. Previous INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in managing financials steams.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian emergency settings will be added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of financial computer applications, including spreadsheets. (e.g. Excel)
- Good personal organisational skills including time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of the team with interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s values, principals and Child Safeguarding policy.
Additional job responsibilities
duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the
role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within
reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the
SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures;
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Closing date: 22 Nov 2020 – 23:59 EAT
Location: Kigoma, Tanzania, United Republic of
Type: Fixed-term contract