Quality Assurance Officer (1 Post)
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by Direct Aid a charity organization based in Kuwait, SUMAIT University invites qualified Tanzanians and non-Tanzanians to fill the academic vacant posts as follows:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Business Management and Quality Control or equivalent in the same discipline.
- Master’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Business Management and Quality Control or its equivalent is preferable.
- A minimum experience of 3 years proven working experience in Quality Assurance, Leadership and Education services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To develop, strategize, promote and oversee the implementation of the quality assurance policy and its functions within and outside the University;
- To ensure that set performance standards in all aspects of the University functions are appropriate and relevant;
- To develop and periodically updating general operational manuals, quality assurance tools, and internal procedures to guide university-level QA operations, as well as instruments for use in internal assessment and evaluations;
- To advise and provide guidance to implementation units on the execution of QA activities;
- To provide leadership in coordination of internal self-evaluation of quality assurance systems;
- To lead in analyzing all QA reports and identification of issues arising from them for the attention of the management at departmental, faculty/school, college and university levels;To facilitate external evaluation of SUMAIT and its academic programmes and administrative units;
- To provide external evaluation results to Management and units; and allow for Monitoring of implementation of internal and external evaluation recommendations;
- To serve as SUMAIT University contact Officer with the Inter University Council for the East Africa (IUCEA), the Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) and the Tanzania Association of Private University (TAPU) as far as Quality Assurance is concerned.
- Good working knowledge of quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Strong decision -making skills with ability to respond quickly and accuracy as issues arise.
- Ability to provide administrative and technical directive to quality control personnel.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable domestic and international regulatory regulations and standards is required.
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, good verbal and written communication skills, and proven ability to drive change and obtain results.
- Good management skills, able to address critical issues and mentor education program management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the University.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Hand delivered application should reach to Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 24th November, 2020. Or you can send your application through Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933,
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 November 2020