|Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) 2020
Reports To: Production Manager
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and
demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa
Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and
the second largest listed company on the Nairobi stock exchange. SBL
operates exclusively in Tanzania. SBL flagship brand is Serengeti
Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Guinness, Tusker
Lager, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam,
SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international
renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s,
Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
- Support SBL to achieve its packaging set targets
The role will play a significant part in ensuring SBL leadership standards are met:
Win through Execution
- Act like owners of Diageo by holding self and others to account for highest standards
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
- Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly
Inspire through Purpose
- Create meaning, pride and belief for others through Diageo’s purpose
- Build trust and respect in Diageo through open and honest relationships
- Celebrate frequently the impact of living our purpose
Shape the Future
- Demand diverse external perspectives and trends that create impetus for change
- Insist on sufficient data and insights that quickly move us to action
Invest in Talent
- Build and coach diverse teams to unlock performance and growth
- Create an inclusive environment where everyone can be at their best
- Instill agility and resilience in our teams
- Take bold bets on talent underpinned by rigorous assessment
Purpose of Role
Cube operator is required to operate the Process Area of the plant,
thus, to prepare blended Spirits according to the recipes and certify as
suitable for Packaging
This is ideally an individual with
operational, packaging and engineering experience. He/She is responsible
for maintaining plant and machinery on shift to carry out packaging
activities in order to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in
a reliable and cost-effective manner. The holder participates in
continuous improvement initiatives such as PIPs in the department &
should own the planning and execution of his/her training and
to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and
articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador
for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always
challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others. Adhere strictly to
the Cube safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Manage daily operations of Process area according to recipes including deliveries.
- Achieve and report accurately on all KPI’s such as water, raw material waste etc.
Cube production Manager to achieve production plans and key performance
targets and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and
efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative
- Ensure effective use of raw material and be accountable for waste on components used.
product quality, through continuous observation and attention to
detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to
non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply
record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and
assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on
- Actively pursue training and development on an
individual and team basis and participate in competency-based training
programs. Support other team member development and develop positive
relationships with colleagues, including contractors.
and commentate the required reports – either original reports or those
generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets,
condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Certificate in Mechanical/Electrical
Engineering discipline; with 3 years’ experience in Operations,
Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or
drinks and/or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and SBL SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
*This role is based in SBL MOSHI Production site in Kilimanjaro Region.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Worker Type :Regular
Primary Location: Moshi