Employment band: I – Non-manager
Roles reporting to this position: No direct reports
Geographic scope: Area (Kigoma)
Overall purpose of the role
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in
their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual
protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land &
property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention,
registration services for the internally displaced and refugees,
monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising, facilitation of
return and repatriation processes.
This role has an
area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines
within the area. The role contributes to the development of area
strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Administrative and technical support
• Carry out basic tasks within sector area (e.g. data collection)
• Carry out administrative tasks
• Follow given work plans and guidelines
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest
standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s
values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual
exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
Required experience and competencies
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Experience in administrative tasks
• Excellent IT skills
• Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees,
IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff
to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Application due: 10/5/2020