Increased attention to grants helps achieve World Vision’s Strategic Mandates 2 & 3 (Strengthening Grass Roots Capacity, and Growing Resources). It is important to manage grants in compliance with donor regulations and ensuring timely delivery of project activities. Accordingly GSCM has a clear mandate to set strategies, policies, standards, controls and especially capacity building of NO SCM Teams.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Global Supply Chain Management (SCM) Technical Director – Grant Compliance (Supply Chain Management) will lead the efforts, across the partnership to assure WVI is managing the SCM related risks of all types of grants, effectively.
This includes close coordination with donors, support offices, global, regional and NO SCM teams and other stake holders all these levels. In addition this role will be leading the SCM Data Analysis and management of SCM Governance Documents (SCM Policies, Processes, SOPs and Business Rules) including assessment of their applicability, identification of gaps, managing exception approval process.
- Proactively engage with Donors, Support Offices (SOs), GAM Teams, Finance Business Partner and other stakeholders ensuring good coordination, adequate information sharing embedding the SCM function in the Grant Acquitting and Management Process.
- Engage with GAM Team in annual grant forecasting, review the progress of grant pipeline plans and identification of future trends and functional needs/readiness.
Donor SCM/Procurement Governance Management:
- Provide orientation to Donors / SOs program officers about WVI SCM / Procurement Governance Documents & Tools. (Policies, Processes, SOPs, Business Rules and ProVision environment).
- Identify gaps between WVI & Donor policies and procedures, evaluate the impacts and agree with Donors the way forward.
- Ensure all such agreements are well documented and orientation is provided to NOs through RSCM Teams.
- Be attentive of changes / updates / new releases of Donor policies & procedures, identify the impact to existing agreements with Donors and resolve any conflicts on a timely manner.
Training and Capacity Building:
- Lead & coordinate initiatives on grant capacity building in collaboration with various Support Offices and Regional Offices, Capacity Building Working Group, Finance Business Partner and other Stakeholders.
- Review effectiveness of current staff capacity building models, seek to replicate best practices across the partnership and stablishing new learning platforms (eg: e-Learning initiatives, donor interfaces…).
- Maintain key WV grant resources, materials and databases.
- Maintain a roster of grant certified staff and coordinate deployment of staff as needed.
- Mentoring of Regional Grants SCM point persons on grant management.
Monitoring Tool of Grant Execution:
- Coordinate with Global Centre Financial Reporting and Business Inelegance Team in developing a Global Grant Performance Dashboard and maintain it.
- Globally rollout such monitoring tool at RO and NO level.
- Periodic monitoring with Regional Grants SCM point persons and / or NO SCM Team leads (Grant point persons) on SCM performance based on Dashboard information and narrative reports.
Control and Compliance:
- Provide leadership in evaluating potential top risk exposure in grants management & develop annual risk mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with SO/Regional grant staff in developing strategies to address high priority areas.
- With particular focus on Global Fund grants, develop initiatives to ensure adequate oversight of multi-lateral funding not assigned to SOs.
- Evaluate risks exposure on new operational delivery models with close collaboration with Finance Business Partner and other Stake Holders. (Cash programs – cash vouchers, E-wallets, Implementing through Partners).
- Recommend innovative solutions and tools to continuously improve grant supply chain management and adapt to the rapidly changing grant landscape.
- Resolve/address short-term issues and action items regarding grant compliance coming from grant stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate with RSCMDs and Finance point person/s in developing long terms plans in optimizing ProVision usage.
- Work closely with GCIT and external service providers (where necessary) in resolving system related bugs, managing new releases and presenting filed requirements.
- Work closely with SCM RPOs, NOs in analyzing the Procurement Operations, minimizing the cost to company (optimizing the system and process).
Global SCM Documentation Management:
In addition this role will be leading the SCM Data Analysis and management of SCM Governance Documents (SCM Policies, Processes, SOPs and Business Rules) including assessment of their applicability, identification of gaps, managing exception approval process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Masters Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Engineering, or Business Administration, or equivalent professional qualification (advanced CIPS).
- A deep understanding of NGO contextual/cross cultural environment, risks in NGO environment, familiarity with NGO / Donor policies, procedures etc.
- Proven experience at Strategic Leadership level (preferably in SCM) with working experience in grant related projects.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Substantive experience working in the INGO sector dealing with multiple donor funds and meeting different donor requirements.
- Work experience in successful leading initiatives related to compliance and capacity building.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders to reach consensus and execution of plans.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 September, 2020.