Overall purpose of the role
To assist Country offices and program operations in the East Africa and
Great Lakes region to strengthen and develop MEAL systems and tools, and
ensure that these are applied for best practice, accountable
programming. Working with programmatic counterparts and the MEAL staff
at the global, regional and country level, the MEAL Manger will engage
in policy, strategic as well as programmatic developments to ensure the
DRC/DDG continues its growth in MEAL practices.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
Take a lead role in
implementing DRC Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Minimum Operational
Procedures (MELMOPs) and DDG’s M&E framework:
- Maintain regional level M&E system in accordance with DRC minimum standards for M&E and DRC evaluation policy
- Ensure that DRC/DDG programmes adhere to
the DRC MELMOPs as well as DDG M&E Framework and continuously
update the compliance self-checks, contribute to evolving and adapting
- Support adherence to the DRC/DDG Evaluation Policy and the Regional Evaluation Guidelines.
- Support the development of plans towards achieving adherence to relevant policies and frameworks where this does not exist.
Work to ensure strong linkage
between M&E and the DRC Planning and Reporting Framework with a view
to improving the quality and effectiveness of programmes and projects:
- Put in place appropriate mechanisms,
systems and tools that will facilitate structured and systematic
participation and inputs by ME&L focal points in country strategy
development, proposal development and reporting processes
- Ensure that key elements of DRC/DDG
planning processes including Strategic Program Documents, Quarterly
Reports, Annual Reviews and Results Contracts are adequately informed by
M&E data and information as well as learnings emanating therefrom.
- Work with and support the Regional and
Country Program teams to institutionalize Theory of Change thinking as
an organizing framework for improving programme design, implementation,
evaluation and learning processes
- Assess existing and further develop
procedures used for ensuring program quality in coordination with the
global processes of strengthening monitoring and evaluation in DRC;
- Review and provide technical input into
the development of log frames/results frameworks, informing, reviewing
and approving monitoring and evaluation plans and budgets for all new
proposals, prior to their submission to donors.
Supports learning and knowledge management, including;
- Provide technical support to ensure that
DRC/DDG is able to articulate and document relevant best practices and
assess performance regularly against agreed program objectives and
- Ensure capture of lessons learned from evaluations and other MEAL processes
- Support the production of lessons learned policy paper and implement the suggestions in pilot countries.
- Institutionalize a system of reflection
and learning across all stages of the DRC/DDG Project cycle and ensure
that systems to facilitate utilization and reapplication of learnings,
both internally and externally, are developed and implemented
- Work with Business Development and Partnership Unit to highlight key learning and embed this learning across the region
- Support the country offices to improve quality of monitoring, evaluation and accurate reporting,
- Support piloting of DRC/DDG Online MEL database aimed at facilitating real-time reporting of M&E data and information
- Direct support to evaluations,
assessments and programme monitoring at regional and country level, and
to respective global initiatives as needed and appropriate
- Ensure global level involvement in the larger evaluation activities in the region and support the global HQ M&E team.
- Continuously improve and update data
collection tools, so they can be used in a particular context and
reflect the MELMOPs and DDG’s M&E framework.
- Implement the use of mobile phones / tablets for data collection throughout the region
- Provide capacity building training,
coaching and mentoring to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing
partners in project design, monitoring and evaluation, development of
indicators, logframes and ToC, development of M&E plans and specific
M&E assessments and surveys.
- Continuously QA the quality of data collection and data entry
- Overall manage the various databases and
summary sheets to oversee measurement of achievement and progress
toward program goals and results through the M&E system.
- Disseminate results in varied ways to enhance use in reports and in decision making
Team Management and Coordination
- Direct supervision and management of MEAL team members
- Provide technical support to DRC and DDG
field staff to build relevant skills and capacities to deliver
programmes and projects effectively and with quality.
Other: Other tasks as assigned by the DDG RHoP and which are related to the above responsibilities.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you act in line with our vision and values
- Relevant university degree in fields
related to organization learning, international development, or MEAL;
Master’s degree preferred in relevant field
- Minimum 7 years of technical experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in a senior capacity.
- Demonstrated M&E understanding and experience within a complex international humanitarian context.
- Excellent written and well-developed oral communication skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work style: Well planned and organized and has a capacity for initiative and decision making
- Ability to work independently and as a team player with demonstrated leadership and participatory manner.
- Knowledge of regional languages desirable
- High degree of computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- Excellent communication skills in French and/or other regional language is preferred
Contract: One-year Contract. Salary and other conditions
are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for national
staff conditions in the respective Country. This position is under
Employment band M.F1
Availability: September 2020
Duty station: Position to be based in either of the
following locations; Addis Ababa, Djibouti ville, Bujumbura, Dar es
Salaam, Kibondo, Goma, Hargeisa, Kampala, Mogadishu or Nairobi, with
frequent travel within East Africa and Great Lakes Region.
Reporting: The position reports to DDG Regional Head of programme.
has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global
accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the
achievement of this framework.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet
the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 26th August 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC
is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In
light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to
bridge the gender gap.
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees,
IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff
to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the
recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.