Procurement Training Consultant – Tanzania
Closing date: 05th August 2020
We are Restless Development, a youthful, dynamic and innovative national agency which carries the banner for youth led development in Tanzania and globally. Everything we do is led by and through young people. We are who we serve, placing young people at the forefront of change, empowering them to take leadership roles addressing the most urgent issues facing their communities. As the leading agency for youth led development, we put young people at the heart of our work, from community to board level.
We recognize young people as an asset, who can and do contribute to, and lead change. Our vision is A world where young people are at the forefront of change and development, achieving a just and sustainable world for all. We champion the engagement, position, and ultimately the influence of young people at every stage of development.
We intend to enhance the skills and knowledge of our procurement unit with standard procurement procedures under donor funded projects for goods, equipment, services, and consultancies. The training the consultant will deliver is expected to take 5 days, tentatively from 10th-14th August 2020.
Key Deliverables & Objectives of the Assignment
- Effective and efficient Management of the procurement process and logistics. Procurement Procedures: From the beginning of the purchase till delivery the items
- Procurement of goods, services and consultancy. Key steps, Challenges and Mitigations.
- Strategic procurement planning; for Donor funded projects to archive organization objectives. Procurement plan that ensure project timelines related to procurement and deliverable are met as planned.
- Develop skills in strategic sourcing of preferred service providers and consultants.
- Enhance effective, efficient and optimal total procurement costing
- Tracking and analyzing overall purchase
- Procurement fraud; understand how, where and when it occurs, detect, investigate and prepare professional report.
- Preparation of sound technical specification, terms of reference, expression of interest, proposal and other tender documents.
- Procurement evaluation process, conduct of due diligence and preparation of evaluation report.
- Procurement contract management for consultancy, goods and services.
- Good Governance and Ethics in Procurement and logistics management
- Effective Procurement Negotiation skills; technique and tactics
- Risk Based procurement audit and effective responses to audit queries able to minimize external and internal audit queries by providing effective, acceptable and implementable responses.
- Tendering Process: how to advertising, opening it, select vendors. etc
- Physical Assets management and Strategic Inventory control and management
- Procurement Policy and Procedure
- Understand and identify Supply chain risks
- Prepare and implement risk management framework in procurement chain
How do I apply?
For more information about the skills and experience required for this position as well as details about payment for services please refer to the Terms of Reference linked above.
To apply, please submit a detailed technical proposal and financial proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th August 2020. Your application email should have subject “trainer to procurement unit”
(Visited 1 times, 2 visits today)