Kilombero Sugar Company Limited, the largest producer of sugar in Tanzania operating cohesively with lllovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of lllovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer), is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a vacancy of Internal Auditor. The successful candidate will form part of the Senior Finance management team and will be responsible for providing reasonable assurance to executive management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls systems in risk management.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Providing reasonable assurance to executive management on the adequacy and effectiveness of existing control systems.
- Evaluating existing control systems to ascertain whether these are in compliance with the Financial Control Framework (FCF) and relevant policies / procedures
- Planning and conducting risk based internal reviews of business processes Highlighting areas of non-compliance to management.
- Identifying emerging risks affecting the company and developing effective controls to manage the risks within an acceptable level.
- Advising on best practices to be adopted by the company to strengthen and improve the risk management and control frameworks. Conducting investigation of possible fraudulent activities and allegations reported through the anonymous reporting mechanism.
- Identify and address specific training and development needs to fill compliance gaps.
- Act as a liaison for external audits, group internal audits and any other compliance reviews.
- Coordinate management responses to group internal audit and external audit queries / findings Performing follow ups with management to ensure that management actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Preparation of internal audit reports to be discussed by the Audit Committee.
Qualification and competencies required:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in auditing in an international company or audit firm.
- Bachelor of Commerce or other equivalent and relevant degree from a reputable institution.
- A holder of CPA/ACCA.
- Analytical, structured, energetic, and organized with attention to detail.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing and/or commercial operating environment will be beneficial Able to work independently and be self motivated Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Able to build processes and lay foundations with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Willing and able to partner with a hands on mentality and a self-starter.
- Positive attitude, an open mind-set and willing to learn.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and able to communicate across various levels within the Group. Fluency in English and Swahili, both verbally and written.
- Terms of service: The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
Remuneration: Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae which includes three referees with their contacts to email; email@example.com with the subject “Internal Auditor Application” before I Oth July 2020.