Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
They’re on a mission to build a bank Africa loves to use. They are always keen to hear from capable, creative engineers who want to help us accomplish that goal.
Customers currently use their app to make payments (in Tanzania and Uganda) 7x faster all without using the internet and across multiple accounts. They’re a small team based in Tanzania, Uganda and Egypt and growing our business and engineering functions. Graduated from Y Combinator a year ago and raised a new round of funding.
Backed by: Y Combinator, Accel Partners (their first African Investment!), DST Global, DFS Lab, NYCA Partners, and several incredible fintech angel investors.
What they currently do:
They are building the future of banking in East Africa. They aim to bring access to banking services to the fastest-growing region of Africa and it’s mostly underserved 500+ million population.
Traditional banks have failed to reach high adoption in the region due to poor offering and prohibitive fees, leaving the door open to mobile network operators who run mobile money services (such as Mpesa). In East Africa alone, they processed over $293B in 2019. The mobile money system has not evolved in years, it’s hard to use (through USSD codes) and operators charge very high fees for customers to transfer money or take cash out.
They first product has been downloaded over 150,000 times between Tanzania and Uganda and makes managing mobile money 7x faster. They automate all the painful manual typing of USSD codes and help customers track their finances across multiple sim card wallets (the average user has 2 sim cards).
They are growing the team to now build the next stage of their vision to be able to offer simple, reliable and affordable banking services to customers.
They are looking for:
An experienced QA Automation Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who specializes in full-stack QA (Front end, Webservice, & Non-Functional testing). Someone who pays exceptional attention to detail and who has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate is a quick learner and a great
communicator (written and verbal). You will interact daily with our product managers and development team members to understand our domain and create technical solutions that make truly help move the needle for our business. The ideal candidate is excited about living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Build a test automation framework to be used by the entire Agile squad.
- Develop and maintain functional test cases, System & Integration Test cases, and test artifacts such as test data, test cases, and automated scripts used in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Review functional requirements and determine the data requirements for executing the use cases end to end from creating functional manual cases to automating the cases for regression.
- Execute all manual and automated test cases that validate the functionalities, code quality and report/document test results, following all formal test architectures and project processes.
- Ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing tasks through completion.
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
- Act as test lead working closely with Product Managers and Developers, while collaborating across teams.
- Mentor other Engineers on test methodologies, test automation, coding standards, and best practices through code reviews and designing test plans.
- 3+ years of working experience in test cases automation and documentation or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in working with automation tools such as Protractor, Selenium
- Excited about designing and building the future of payments and banking in Africa
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiar with mobile testing tools and frameworks (i.e. Appium, RobotFramework, Espresso, etc.)
- Experience with using virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, product build and installatio