CP/CRG Assistant – (200001VE)
TITLE: CP&CRG Programme Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Implementation LOCATION: Songwe
GRADE: 5 CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year, renewable
Level 3: √ the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The CP/CRG Programme Assistant is accountable for providing support to CP & CRG programme Coordinator on oversight of the implementation of the SIDA CP & CRG programme in the specified location. He/She is expected to potentially work with the Coordinator to represent Save the Children and organizational priorities in Child Protection and Child Rights Governance at the regional/district level with external parties including government representatives and communities. The C/P & CRG Programme Assistant will form part of Save the Children in Tanzania Songwe, Shinyanga and Dar es Salaam Programme Teams.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: CP & CRG Coordinator
Dimensions: Maintains strong linkages with the CP/CRG Coordinator based in Dar es Salaam and Technical Specialists (Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and MEAL)
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Result areas:
• Support CP&CRG Coordinator on implementation of CP& CRG DIP timely.
• Support CP & CRG Coordinator to strengthen the capacity of partners to effectively contribute to the elimination of violence against children, to create a sustainable and comprehensive child protection system on district level in Songwe.
• Support CP & CRG Coordinator to promote knowledge, information and good practices on the elimination of violence against children.
• Support the implementation of the Law of the Child’s rules and regulations to improve the lives of children and young people in Songwe
- Programmatic/partnership responsibilities:
• Assist the CP/CRG coordinator to ensure that the programme approaches, objectives and goals are well understood and implemented accordingly by partners and that project information is accurately and promptly communicated to partners.
• The Programme Assistant with support from Programme Coordinator will provide guidance to partner organizations (e.g. on CP/CRG topics, developing action plans to effectively implement proposed project activities etc.).
• Assist the CP/CRG coordinator to coordinate and conduct trainings with partners, others stakeholders and children on various child protection related matters such as children without appropriate care, positive discipline with parents and teachers, etc. and safeguarding, to develop capacities to deliver the programme in the most effective way.
• Facilitate regular joint field visit as part of backstopping to partners to assist in implementing agreed work plan.
• Supports the process under the guidance of the CP/CRG coordinator for partner organizations to gather and analyse data for project monitoring and evaluation as stipulated in the project M&E plan.
• The programme Assistant will provide ongoing support as requested by the program team members in particular the CP/CRG Coordinator
• Assist in development & revising detailed implementation plans, procurement plans and phased financial forecasts in collaboration with CP & CRG Coordinator, Senior Manager and Field Manager.
• In collaboration with CP& CRG Coordinator ensure that planned activities and related expenditure with recorded DIP in strict compliance with the agreed budget lines and Save the Children financial regulations and reviewed on monthly basis during regular award review.
• Support in rolling out SCI Child safeguarding policy to the communities & partners.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning / Research
• In collaboration with the MEAL team ensure implementation of a strong MEAL system for the CP programme in location (MEAL plans, indicators, performance tracking tables, monitoring tools, benchmarks etc.)
- Save the Children representation
• Regularly support to coordinate and collaborate with other SC sector teams in location to strengthen programming and impact for children.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values;
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same;
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale;
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters;
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to;
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
• willing to take disciplined risks;
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences, Law, Bachelor of Science and Social Protection, BA/Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
• Experience in programme implementation
• Experience in working with partners and government agencies
• Experience in working with children will be added advantage
• Additional skills in programme implementation, monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability will be an added advantage
• Good communication and writing skills in English.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures;
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2020
The post Anahitajika CP&CRG Programme Assistant – Songwe, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 31 March 2020 appeared first on Ajira Zetu.