Auditor II (2 Positions)
Reporting Line: Audit Manager
To maintain an independent Internal Audit that adds value and improves the operations of the Bank through systematic and disciplined approach in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Coordinate audit plans (of small audits) for assigned projects by ensuring all risks in the project are identified.
- Determine data requirements; accumulate, verify and analyze processes to identify risks in the processes being audited.
- To function as team leader in small audits and special investigations.
- Perform basic data analytics as part of risk assessment and audit execution
- Conduct audit as necessary, interview appropriate personnel.
- Identify root causes or contributing factors relating to risks and making recommendations to improve control environment.
- Review risk management process, internal controls and governance processes.
- Review and evaluate all completed audit works performed by junior staff, audit findings and recommendations and ensure that there is sufficient supporting documentation.
- Prepare quality draft audit findings and recommendations and submit a written report to the Senior Internal Auditor for review.
- Proactively engage in business monitoring to identify emerging risks that may require internal audit intervention.
- Ensure that all review points raised in respect of his/her audit engagement have been cleared.
- Perform other duties within the bank as assigned by line management from time to time
Knowledge and Skills
- Business understanding of finance and accounting
- Technical: Excellent knowledge of internal audit practice in financial institutions (including quality report writing) and Understanding of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Behavioral: Communication, Coaching, interpersonal, leadership, Facilitating Change, Professional Values and Ethics
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accountancy, Banking and Finance or other business-related studies.
- Holder of CIA, CISA or CPA. Possession of full Professional Accountancy qualifications i.e. CPA (T), ACCA, ACMA, ACA or its equivalent and should be registered with NBAA as a “Certified Public Accountant”
- At least 4 years auditing/accounting experience in a reputable audit firm or financial institution.
- Experience in Data Analytics and use of TeamMate Software will be an added advantage.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.