THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Head the litigation function and support the Chief Legal Officer to manage litigation.
- Manage the cases portfolio of the company and coordinate technological support.
- Responsible for assigning cases and supervising litigation work
- Help defend the company against cases or bring cases against others on behalf of the company.
- Manage a team of in-house attorneys or legal assistants.
- Ensure department milestones and goals are met and manage the budget
- Oversee and work closely with outside legal representation.
- Advise on business decisions and manage risks to help protect the company from potential lawsuits.
- Manage caseloads and coordinating technological support.
Qualifications,Experience & Competencies
- LLB (LLM preferable)
- Advocate with 10 years PQE experience in civil litigation in the courts in Tanzania
- Able to work independently and organised
- Experience in working at senior level managing a varied portfolio in the corporate world across various industries
- Preferred knowledge of related products and services in various sectors
- Ability to work across different functions
- Ability to lead a team
- Good command of the English language
- Ability to travel (mainly within the country)
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”
Only Successful Candidates will be contacted