Chief Accountant – Dar es Salaam
The role requires someone with over 8 years worth of relevant experience; the organisation in question has a high amount of transactions of which will require good organisation skills as well as experience working with SAP.
• Supervising day to day accounting activities, including updating a general ledger, prepare weekly and monthly cash flow plan.
• Supervising and managed month ending closing process.
• Supervise preparation of monthly financial reports (balance sheet, income statement and statement of cashflow)
• Manage budget preparation process, compare budget vs actual on monthly basis and analyze the variance for
• Monitor and manage financial KPI.
• Managed annually statutory audit.
• Leading, managing and developing the team of accountants and ensure effective management and control of the accounting function.
• Ensure day-to-day accounting functions are maintained and improved, including accounting information, proper coding of accounting transactions and timely posting into our accounting system.
• To ensure proper maintenance of accounting information and timely posting into accounting system (SAP)
• To ensure strict compliance to all statutory requirements.
• To undertake analytical review of all accounting records in ERP X3 and be responsible for reconciliations.
• To advise the management on matters related to Accounting and Finance and to make sure that all the accounting practices are in accordance with IFRS.
• Ensure strict compliance with all statutory requirements and accounting practices are in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS).
• Undertake analytical reviews of all accounting records, auditing entries to ensure accuracy and controls.
• Identify and recommend implementation of cost control measures
• To assume responsibility for cost control measures and to analyze cost variations
• Responsible that all statutory reports are submitted and liaison with Tax Authorities in all tax related issues,
Education and Qualifications
• Graduate University Degree (Accounting/Finance) with strong academic results
• Must have CPA or ACCA certification
• Experience working in the mining industry is an added advantage
• highly organised
• Ability to work in a start up environment; in terms of setting up policies and procedures rather than finding a fully complete article in place
• Chief Finance Officer
The post Aanahitajika Chief Accountant – Dar es Salaam, Tuma Maombi yako Mapema appeared first on Ajira Zetu.