The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
MEDICAL OFFICER (URGENT CARE) – (1 POSITION)
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialists regarding patients’ management in the Accident and Emergency Unit.
- The RMO will perform the initial assessment, take history, perform physical examination, come up with a differential and initiate management of patients coming to A&E in consultation with A&E Consultant on duty.
- The RMO will take care of patients during resuscitation and ongoing management of critically ill patients with life-threatening single and multiple organ system failure
- Liaise with nursing staff regularly to check on patient progress, or more frequently if their condition necessitates
- Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine or related from a recognized institution.
- Full Registration from Medical Council of Tanzania.
- Valid Retention Certificate from Medical Council of Tanzania.
- Must have completed 1 year of internship.
- Minimum of (1) one year working experience post internship.
- Certification Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Basic Life Support (BLS), Primary Trauma Care (PTC) will be an added advantage.
- Experience with JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.