HEAD OF LEGAL, COMPLIANCE & COMPANY SECRETARY
Bank, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
An outstanding opportunity for Head of Legal, Compliance & company Secretary to join the best team of professionals in one of the leading bank. The ideal candidate will be responsible to provide legal services to support the management of specialized legal matters and projects.
- Responsible for assisting management to ensure that the Bank operates to high standards of conduct and to meet all regulatory requirements
- Assist with providing legal advice and structuring products so that they are developed in accordance with legally acceptable banking law principles
- Ensure that aspects of Legal Risk are identified, covered and controlled in the implementation of the bank and legal projects
- Design, implement and oversee processes and mechanisms for the effective delivery of legal advice, opinions and responses to legal queries
- To provide a joint report together with internal audit and risk to the audit committee of the board
- To act as a legal consultant to all staff members.
- To regularly review the bank’s security documentation and status to ensure that the bank is fully covered at all times.
- Monitor local and international developments on corporate governance and bring these to board’s attention.
- Review legislative, regulatory and governance developments that may impact the Company from a corporate law and listings perspective
- Submitting documentation for approval of new director appointments by the Bank of Tanzania.
- Responsible for safe keeping of all original corporate documents.
Experience: 10 years
Education Level: Degree
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)