Meter Reader II (5 POSTS)
Sumbawanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SUWASA) is an autonomous Water Supply organization mandated to provide Water and Sanitation Services within the urban area of Sumbawanga. It was established in January 1998 under Act No. 8 of 1997, repealed by Act No. 5 of 2019. SUWASA is advertising four vacant posts, WATER PRODUCTION ENGINEER II, WATER LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II, ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN II and METER READER II for which suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply.
METER READER II – SUWAS B (5 POSTS)
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holder of a Form IV with Trade Test ll/l in Plumbing/ Pipe Fitter certificate or its equivalent from a recognized and a reputable Institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read all meters.
- Keep track of all meters in their area of operation.
- Distribute water bills to all customers whose meters have been read.
- Prepare meter reading and customer bills distribution report for their area.
- Prepare adjustment forms for customers with problematic bills.
- Clean clogged water meters causing them to fail and customers not to get water.
- Check and ensure that all meters in the zone are in working condition.
- Receive and address customer complaints related to meters.
- Distribute messages and leaflets from the Authority to customers.
- Follow up debts from customers that have not paid their bills.
- Inspects water connections to identify illegal connections; and
- Perform any other duties related to the above assigned by superiors.
Age: Not above 35
HOW TO APPLY
The qualified applicants should submit their hand written letters of application to the undersigned stating how they meet the advertised criteria, attaching certified copies of relevant academic certificates. Up-to-date detailed CV showing three reputable referees not later than 18th February 2020. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Women and Disabled are highly encouraged to apply.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
SUMBAWANGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORITY
(Visited 1 times, 2 visits today)