|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Position: Data Management Technical Assistant
NRC Tanzania is looking for DATA MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANT base at Kibondo, Kigoma.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- M&E specific technical responsibility for implementation of NRC projects
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Support the development of appropriate Education related databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Process and analyse routine data captured by NRC Education staff and partners staff such as beneficiary registration, learner enrolments, attendance and verification, baseline/end line surveys, and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) surveys.
- Support the Education Core Competencies (CCs) Teams to analyse data on needs and to standardise data and vulnerability analysis
- Work with the M&E Team and project staff to develop systems for capturing and managing data on beneficiaries as well as relevant output and outcome indicators.
- Support Projects staff to develop templates for data capture throughout the project cycle.
- Provide training for NRC and partner organization on relevant aspects of data management.
- Conduct adios data audits to identify issues with data quality, reliability and relevance, and communicate problem areas to the Education Coordinator.
- Support Education CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
- Preferable University degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info or R is desirable.
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation Experience of providing training and capacity building to staff.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)