|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Position: WASH Assistant -Water Quality Monitoring (Tanzania Nations Only)
Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC Tanzania is looking for: WASH Assistant -Water Quality Monitoring base at kibondo
The WASH Assistant -Water Quality is responsible for water treatment, and monitoring of Free Residual Chlorine (FRC) to ensure the community is supplied with safe and clean water in accordance with the set standards.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Daily chlorination of water produced in the camp.
- Regularly maintain and operate chemical water treatment process.
- Service and repair of the inline automatic chlorine dosing pumps.
- Ensure regular cleaning of water reservoirs (Ferro-cement tanks and steel tanks).
- Inspection of water treatment systems on daily basis to ensure effective operations.
- Records daily information from water quality monitors.
- Ensures that chlorine solution is prepared in the required percentage and in the right quantities. Performs all duties of the water quality analyst at his /her absence
- Carries out weekly assessment of FRC of each reticulating line tap stands and house hold levels aimed at maintaining UNHCR standard of 0.5 mg /l at every tap stand and 0.2 mg/l at house hold levels.
- Collect sample for bacteriological analysis on monthly basis and analysis of the samples. Samples for analysis are collected from high risk areas .This includes blocks prone to cholera outbreaks and new influx areas.
Diploma or Higher National Diploma in water engineering, Analytical chemistry Analytical lab or any other relevant course from a recognized institution
Experience in WASH Programmes of at least 3 years’ experience in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an NGO
The ability to perform water quality sampling, analysis and assist in water quality investigations and quality assurance programs.
The ability to assist with programming and coordinating water quality monitoring.
Competent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and email communications
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good laboratory work skills, ability to think and operate independently, and considerable concentration and creativity.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)