|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Position: PROTECTION OFFICER (TANZANIA NATIONS ONLY)
Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC Tanzania is looking for Protection Officer base at Kibondo, Kigoma .
The purpose of the Protection Officer position is to support the Area Manager with protection mainstreaming within the area of intervention in line with NRC’s Protection Policy and global protection standards
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Protection Officer will support programme and support teams through the development of protection mainstreaming tools and provide guidance to ensure protection is integrated with programme cycle management and during project implementation and evaluation. S/he will support staff and partners’ capacity building through trainings and awareness raising sessions on NRC’s Protection Policy and minimum protection standards.
- The Protection Officer will identify gaps in terms of field-based protection and support conducting of programme/project protection risk assessments. S/he will hold regular meetings with NRC colleagues to ensure quality and adequate NRC’s response to affected population. The Protection Officer will develop strong working relationships at field levels with key protection actors and provide regular context analysis and updates on key protection trends.
- Generic responsibilities
- Implementation of NRC’s protection policy at area level.
- Ensure that protection is an integral part of programme activities in line with NRC’s protection policy and global protection mainstreaming tools.
- Train, mentor and advise staff and partners on protection mainstreaming.
- Provide, in consultation with field teams, recommendations on protection actions and response mechanisms including supporting NRC to ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection and explore and access new and better ways to assist.
- Contribute to core competency development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps in terms of protection.
- Produce data collection, reports and analysis as required.
- Represent NRC in protection meetings and cooperate with relevant partners including protection partners, project partners and relevant local authorities.
- Specific responsibilities
- Support the implementation of NRC’s Protection Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy and global protection mainstreaming standards within Area Office through working with programme management and support functions.
- Adapt/develop protection mainstreaming tools and guidance and continually update are, core competency and/or project protection mainstreaming action plans and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure integrated and safe programming.
- Support the training, capacity building and mentoring of field staff and awareness raising of non-staff (community refugee incentive staff, community focal points, local and partner NGOs and contractors) on minimum protection standards.
- Focal point for protection cases and refer them to other relevant partners
- Identify gaps in terms of field-based protection support through conducting internal protection programme/project assessments and support programme and support colleagues to address these gaps.
- Support ensuring that protection indicators form part of NRC’s regular output and outcome level monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Convene regular meetings internally and externally to develop partnerships and ensure quality and adequacy in referrals in line with NRC internal SOPs.
- Produce regular context analysis updates on key protection trends and contribute to programme development discussions.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Area Manager.
- A University degree in law, social science, political science or related subject will be considered
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in a protection-related field including solid knowledge of humanitarian principles and minimum protection standards, applying protection standards to vulnerable beneficiaries, referral services, delivering training and awareness raising programs and writing reports/providing information on protection-related themes, experience in providing advice and ‘on the job’ support to, and structured de-briefing of colleagues
- Knowledge of refugee context in Tanzania, experience in project delivery in camp contexts an advantage
- Knowledge of global protection standards and relevant bodies of international law ty to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
- Experience for working as Protection Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience working in coordination and liaising with external actors
- Experience developing and delivering protection training and good presentation skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadline
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Initiate action and chain
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
We can offer
Duty station: kibondo,kigoma
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo,Tanzania
(Visited 1 times, 6 visits today)