NRC is looking for qualified drivers base at Kibondo
The Purpose of Driver position is to run official transport errands with people and cargo/materials to the destinations as instructed by approved NRC officers.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with
the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive staff and NRC visitors on official duties, on instruction by Fleet-in-Charge
- Maintain a logbook for all trips undertaken
- Pick, drop and circulate mail, letters, contracts, proposals, documents and cargo/materials to the required destination
- Operate the NRC designated vehicle in accordance with NRC policies and procedures
- Maintain assigned NRC vehicle in proper operating condition at all times including fueling, securing, cleaning, timely minor repairs and reporting to the Fleet Supervisor of required major repairs
- In liaison with the Fleet In-Charge arrange for major repairs and servicing of the assigned vehicle at the right intervals.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the required legal and other documents and equipment including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses, vehicle logs, first aid kit and necessary spare parts and tools
- Report immediately eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Assist as assigned by the Fleet In-Charge, in preparing of fleet related reports
- Ensure that all the necessary records and forms related to the assigned vehicles are properly filled and filed as required by NRC policies.
- Drive NRC vehicle on approved routes/roads as well as parking them in secure designated areas.
- Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE) or equivalent
- Driving License, Class C obtained from a certified driving school.
- Ability to chauffer Senior NRC staff and high profile visitors.
- Good language skills (English/Swahili) – Both written and spoken.
- Basic computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- High level of integrity.
- Recommendation from previous organisations worked for.
- Having previous experience working with NGO/UN desirable but not mandatory.
- A team player
- Smart, Polite, Respectful, Flexible and Sociable
- Knowledge of basic motor vehicle mechanics
- Understanding of vehicle security
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo contract period is for 12 Months with possibility of extension .Salary benefits :According to NRC’s general directions ,The candidate will observe NRC’s code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo.
Application deadline: 5/02/2020
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)