Manager – Business Performance & Treasury
Type: Full Time Deadline: 0 months, 17 das
Category: Financial Services
Other Categories: Finance ,
Job Level: Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
• Coordinates the company budgeting process in collaboration with business heads and group.
• Assists the CFO to formulate the overall Financial Strategy that supports the Group’s objectives and makes the best use of the institution’s available capital and revenue sources within an appropriate risk strategy.
• Responsible for company analytics & business performance management.
• Stays abreast of new developments in the financial and regulatory environment impacting the business and make recommendations on necessary changes.
Funding / Capital Management
• Coordinates local fund-raising initiatives for the provision of capital required by the company including negotiating the procurement of debt and equity capital and maintaining the required financial arrangements.
• Coordinates long-range plans of company, assesses the financial requirements implicit to those plans and manages performance.
Cashflow & Treasury
• Establish, review and implement policies and procedures to effectively and efficiently manage the cash and liquid assets of the company with a view to ensuring that all company obligations are met as and when due.
• Management of all company bank accounts, cash floats, foreign currency payments, foreign currency receipts and overall cash flow management.
• Prepares Cashflow forecasting with all inflows and outflows.
• Ensures that the company maintains optimum cash balances and mix to run its day to day operations
• Ensure that bank reconciliations are properly prepared and reconciling items are followed up and resolved on time
• Prepares and monitors a funding plan in collaboration with Group to ensure long term goals are met.
• Manage relationship with Partner Banks and funders in relation to funding & payments.
• Ensure compliance of covenants for all loans held by the company, including associated reporting requirements.
• Manages loan repayments and interest computations.
Budgeting & Forecasts
• Facilitates and completes the company’s budgeting process, collecting inputs from respective departments and prepares a budget that reflects the strategic objective of the company
• Contact point for all budgeting & forecast matters
• Ensures that the Financial ratios and targets set by the Group are reasonable and reflected in the budget.
• Understands and challenges business inputs to ensure a company budget makes the best use of the institution’s available capital and revenue sources within an appropriate risk strategy.
• Models validation
Business Performance & Management Reporting
• Thorough understanding of drivers impacting financial performance e.g. provisioning levels, sales commission structures and marketing campaigns.
• Reviews management pack and prepares business commentary against budget and monthly moves.
• Attends to Group queries regarding the financial performance and assist business to close any gaps between budget and actual performance.
• Prepares adhoc management reports and or analysis as requested by management, funders or Group.
• Prepares quarterly and any adhoc Board Packs
• Manages cost against budget to ensure funds are directed effectively prior to spend.
• Assesses internal processes and develops areas of improvement to maximise efficiency and minimise cost.
• Analyses cost data, identifying and communication to business opportunities in which it can reduce costs.
• And other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
• Supervises the activities of the direct reports and ensure quality, service and compliance to standards are met and that financial control operations run efficiently and effectively.
• Sets agreed objectives and key performance indicators for direct reports.
• Performs performance evaluations of direct reports in line with Human Resource Management Policies.
• Identify training needs and facilitates attendance in order to build capacity and develop the team.
• Adheres to Human Capital management processes such as Performance Management, Talent Management and applicable company policies and procedures.
- STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
Engages in the following forums:
• Finance MANCO
• Local management & heads of departments.
• Group and regional counterparts – Finance, Modelling and DCM etc.
• Develop and maintains mutually beneficial internal and external business relationships to assist, protect and enhance the Company’s image in the community and well as meeting the company’s objectives. These stakeholders include; Bank, Regulatory Bodies, Financial consultants often in conjunction with the CFO.
• Manager BP &T forms part local senior management team.
• The Manager BP &T may be required to present on behalf of the CFO in various forums.
• Maintains a network of internal and external professional contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration & Accounting.
• Accountant registered with recognized local (CPA(T)) or international institution e.g. (ACCA).
• Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience
• Practical experience working with an internationally recognized accounting software system
• IFRS reporting knowledge and experience is a prerequisite. Knowledge and understanding of International Accounting Standards with specific reference to IFRS 9.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation that applies to the organization and the environment in which it conducts its business.
• Willingness to travel within and outside the country.
The post Manager – Business Performance & Treasury Job Opportunity at Dar es Salaam appeared first on Ajira Zetu.