|JobJob Title: Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Contract type: Permanent
Contract length: Open
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 11 Feb 2020
Interview date: to be confirmed
Start date: April 2020
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will provide programme research, monitoring and evaluation support to the country office team. The Manager will take the lead on designing and implementing research and evaluation strategies, improving programme monitoring systems and processes, monitoring programme performance, and building monitoring and evaluation capacity of the programme team. The Manager will ensure that high quality data and outcomes of programme research, monitoring and evaluation are systematically generated for the team’s use in improving the design and delivery of VSO’s high quality programmes. If you want to optimize the contribution towards eliminating poverty and work with volunteers and staff from different culture, this might be your job
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Masters or Bachelor degree level in M&E or equivalent in social sciences and or social research;
- Experience of, awareness of and commitment to gender equality and social inclusiveness in research, monitoring and evaluation processes
- Extensive experience in monitoring, evaluation and/or research using participatory practices and either/ both quantitative and qualitative methodologies;
- Experience in providing research, monitoring and evaluation support for programme design and proposal development.
- Experience in developing and implementing M&E systems and frameworks in an NGO environment.
- Sound understanding on formative/summative design; impact evaluation design and implementation
- Strong computer skills and data management
- Skilled in handling data and the ability to analyse and synthesize data and evidence from different sources
- Experience of reporting to donors in the development sector
- Ability to build capacity of others, facilitation, coaching and training skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience of use of communications materials to influence others
Work experience with INGOs and/or UN agencies
Experience in using statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, EPI Info);
Being up-to-date on the current international debate around development effectiveness and research and evaluation methodologies
Experience of developing a communications strategy and ensuring buy in from other staff
Experience of using online communications methods (e.g. social media) for work purposes
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications, and If you wont hear from us in 2 weeks after advert Closed consider that your application is unsuccessfully. only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).